Pizza toppings

Nope. It’s a real thing. That’s why I included the link.

Can we get some appetizing pizza pics on here? :wink:

1 Like

Cherry pep and meatball combo

3 Likes

Get ready for it…

Drumroll…

The pork roll egg and cheese pizza:

Please note that we did not refer to this as Taylor Ham, Swifts Ham, or even Taylor Swift’s ham, as those words are apparently incendiary.

1 Like

Now that has my name written all over it.

Sorry I seem to be having a hard time picking it out:

at about 3:50

1 Like

AWE-SOME! Always looked forward to a report from Fr Sarducci.

Yeah it’s a good one Jr. I love that combo.

Pork roll, egg and cheese pizza…interesting. I bet that is tasty. Where is that from? I bet with some tots you would have an even better pie.

If we’re going all in on blasphemous pies, here’s my submission:

For me both corn dogs and pizza are firmly in the “no such thing as a bad” food group, so I don’t see how you could go wrong here.

I’m as big a fan of American cheese as they come, but the idea of putting it on pizza doesn’t get me pumped for some reason.

Of course no meaningful discussion on blasphemous pizza toppings is complete without mentioning the work of mah peoples over in Korea (and elsewhere in Asia). I’m sure we’ve all seen our share of weird pizzas, but here’s a bunch in case anyone’s hungry. http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/02/crazy-weird-asian-pizza-crusts-japanese-korean-hong-kong.html

Road trip to Japan for the shrimp and mayo crust one!

1 Like

[quote=“joonjoon, post:71, topic:6245”] both corn dogs and pizza are firmly in the “no such thing as a bad” food group, so I don’t see how you could go wrong here.
[/quote]

Nope, nothing wrong, but it looks like it needs a little Siracha or maybe some Ghosties:

Happy 1 year anniversary!!!

So the question I have is this; At what point does it stop being a pizza rather than just crazy shit baked on dough?

5 Likes

Asking the important questions. Also, is a hot dog a sandwich?

1 Like

Good question. Joon you have to try the Cuban sandwich at papagallos in long branch. I think you will be a fan. This thing is pretty ridiculous.

Excellent question. On the second stop on the road to enlightenment… can a sausage be a hamburger??

1 Like

I enjoy little quirks like this that happen when words travel and turn into different things. What’s not to love about something called sausage hamburger, regardless of the form? :smiley:

I also find it really cute that the Japanese word for salisbury steak is “Hamburg.” In Korea, a “hot dog” is a corn dog. The word “sausage” refers to all tubed meat products including hot dog franks.

I will for sure! Love me a good cuban. :smiley: