Parsley heavy recipes?

Except: tabbouli, falafel, and chimichurri (cause I’ve thought of those already). Go!

1 Like

Frittata.

If you need to use it all up asap then I would stir fry it with other vegs.

Gremolata
Pesto
Herbed bread
Marinades
In a salad w other greens

1 Like

Parsley pesto, salsa verde.

Another thread same subject.

1 Like

Fortunately don’t have to use it all at once. I just have a bumper crop of it in the garden.

I’m not sure about pesto… I enjoy the original with basil, and have made and stored about 4 pints of it in the freezer. Marinades, frittata all good thoughts.

Couscous with a lot of parsley. In fact, any sort of salad that has parsley–just up the amount.

Ricotta Walnut Sauce for pasta: blend 1 cup ricotta, 1 cup plain yogurt, 3 cloves garlic, 1 cup chopped walnuts, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in blender. Pour into bowl; mix in 1 cup finely chopped parsley and 2 tsp dried basil. Serve over cooked pasta (I prefer rotini). [Source: 15-Minute Vegetarian]

How 'bout kuku sabzi?

2 Likes

Juice or purée some parsley and add to fresh pasta dough. Sauce the green pasta with your basil pesto.

1 Like

You haven’t mentioned trying gremolata so here’s a recipe from David Lebovitz

GREMOLATA VS CHIMICHURRI: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

…although I thought chimichurri used cilantro instead of parsley.

OMGosh Eleeper - I had to reply becuase this is funny. Your recipe - one of us is nut allergic, so no walnuts. The other 3 hate ricotta. I’m sure it’s lovely for some family :slight_smile:

That is a crazy color!

Thank you. I suspect there is a great overlap among flavor and usage for chimichurri, pesto, salsa verde, and gremolata. Birds of a feather…

1 Like

The chimichurri recipes I’ve seen have been parsley and oregano, and even if I found ones with cilantro, I’d sub parsley bc I ick cilantro. Except in the rarest of situations.

1 Like

Rooster, have you ever tried to put it into a bread dough? I’m guessing it would be quite subtle…

It doesn’t look like that in real life. People {heart} photo filters.

@Sasha True enough. I’ve only made gremolata with preserved lemon, but it was WAY more lemon forward than I think of the others.

I feel like it’s been a very long time that I had anything with preserved lemon. Is it more salty than bright/citrus? I know that’s the preparation method. Anyway, I love a bright citrus flavor, so I can totally see a lemon zest/parsley/garlic something (maybe even mixed with toasted breadcrumbs) on a fish dish. I think the more assertive flavor of the vinegar in a chimichurri goes nicely with steak.

I am speaking mostly about what I’ve made myself, but yes, mine seems salty first, then lemon, and the texture reminds me of chopped olives. I’ve only served it with fish. I have some chimichurri I’m going try withsteak tonight!

1 Like