[Paris/France] Bonjour Chowhounders

Glad to see you here, Stefan.

1 Like

Ah, all the big names!

I am reminded of Field of Dreams. “If you build it, they will come.”

Thanks for the France forum!

2 Likes

Thanks also everyone that has reached out and all the participants, I didn’t expect this to happen so quickly.

3 Likes

Hi Steve,

I’ve been in contact with JT and emailed him yesterday. He was aware of the closing of CH and I expect he will be showing up on HO. He has no plans yet for returning to Paris.

7 Likes

Glad you came over & hope JT joins in, whatever his plans for future travel.
As an aside, since there seem to be quite a few NYC folk now on HO, maybe we can get something going on our home turf thread as well? Maybe I’ll even try a tie in & talk about Fulgurances’ place in Brooklyn (called Laundromat), since I’ve been there 4 times (3 different chefs) since they opened.

2 Likes

Yes please, Fulgurances sent me communication as if I was living in NYC, I’ve no idea what they are talking about.

Are you using the same ID from CH? If so, I recall that you had quite a broad ranging food world view.

Done. On the NYC board.

1 Like

Same guy, glad to be on a worthy site.

2 Likes

Now all we need are some topics to bounce around before the balloon starts to deflate.

2 Likes

If you do this, I’d be interested.

I remember lots of helpful posts from Macdog — glad to see you here.

I’m here, Eva. I hope your plans for May work out. We are planning a trip for late September/early October, to include Munich, Berlin, Paris, Alba (Italy) and Valence. Haven’t been to Europe since 2018! I’m so excited and will be posting plans as I continue my research.

1 Like

Trish sad too, but glad Busk is here.

Hi RR, so glad to see you here. Your trip reports are amazing! Love reading them and your take on things.

It’s taking me time to figure out this board. I apologize for responding to posts that showed up in my email. I thought those posts were directed to me. I now see otherwise. :woozy_face:

Trish, you are certainly not alone — this new system takes some getting used to.

I have created TripAdvisor plans for Paris that geo-locate almost every recommendation from the board over the past 15 years. A few place are closed. A few places may not be what the used to be, but I use these plans incessantly, usually my most recent one.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Oysters! in Paris