[Paris/France] Bonjour Chowhounders

(post deleted by author)

Thank you. If you need any help with SoCal especially Santa Barbara I’m mainly eating here these days. And boy do I have new appreciation for the choices in town when we stopped traveling.

1 Like

Robert, Glad you’re here and thanks for your 2017 Brittany CH post. It’s been a big help along with a couple from Gman and Maribel.

We’ll be in Brittany/Normandy for three weeks . For most of the trip we’ll be staying in the countryside (in 3 different gites) and will have a car. Mainly we need lunch recommendations . Hubby doesn’t drive and I refuse to be a designated driver after dinner so we only have dinner out if we can walk to the restaurant. Which means we’ll only have restaurant dinners in Rennes and Caen.

I’d be grateful for any recommendations any of you have.

2 Likes

Thank goodness - my future trips to Paris are saved! :grinning:

Absolutely NO sarcasm intended!

2 Likes

This thread is making me so happy. Feels like the good old days.

1 Like

I officially came over today as well. Was able to keep my name. Bonjour!

8 Likes

I’m having a hard time understanding how this web site works. If all messages are added to this string, the string will become unusable very quickly. If I have a specific query about, say, Restaurant XYZ, is there a way for me to isolate that question (and the answers) into a separate subtopic on this Paris board?

Yes. Take a look at the HO main screen directory & you’ll see the Paris subsection. Click and you’ll see a # of topics, including this “Bonjour Chowhounders” one, on specific places (ie; Clamato) or interests (ie; cheese) within. Create a new topic inside this Paris area of HO, give it a title (the name of the specific restaurant) & then post your question, review or interest.

4 Likes

Welcome @BB

@SteveR explained well.

In short, the FRANCE board is here, all the links are listed below.

1 Like

Do a search for Paris. Or the specific restaurant. Sort by relevance.

You’ll get the hang of it.

Happy to see everyone here! I’ll likely be mostly lurking these days. No big trips to France this year save for a 2-night stint in Nice next month wedged between Switzerland and the UK (long story) but Paris in October was wonderful (had the pleasure of dining with Parigi) and Nice in November was fabulous. Looking forward to everyone else’s adventures in France.

2 Likes

Welcome!

Welcome, VaPaula! I’m thrilled to see the influx, too. I understand the excitement/ambivalence/curiosity about joing HO…but I’m looking forward to when all the recent arrivals will bring their incredible food insights to the discussion.

1 Like

A good place to start would be to tell about your experience with Parigi and Nice!

1 Like

Ah, a trip report. I didn’t do one on Chowhound because it was an odd trip - more focused on being comfortable during a pandemic than food/restaurant driven. But I’ll look at my notes and pics and try to get something up over the weekend.

3 Likes

In the meantime — here’s continuing hoping to seeing Parigi here, on HO, soon.

@pilgrim has made the contact and @Parigi is interested, but due to some security issues that need to be resolved.

5 Likes

Bonjour a tous! I’ve only participated from time to time on the CH France section, with most of my time spent in the Cote d’Azur, with occasional stops in Paris. Same username. Managed to get back only twice last year, in August and November. This year hope to be back in the spring and maybe again in August and November. 2023 may bring extended residency and a lot more eating.

7 Likes

Bonjour! Long time Chowhound lurker, infrequent poster, who has benefited from all of the wonderful experts on the Paris/France board. We haven’t been to France since 2019 and not to Paris since November 2015. Hope to head back to France later this year but maybe not Paris. Back to lurking mode until we finalize our itinerary.

5 Likes

Welcome @rosepoint @gooster

2 Likes