Most authentic Thai in GTA

A new Thai place opened in Mississauga in Port Credit area called Hello Bangkok so gaveit a shot.

I asked to switch the the bell peppers (both red and green) as well as broccoli per usual and asked to make it “Thai spicy”. To my disappointment they didn’t have Thai eggplant so settled with replacing the three with bok choy. To my surprise, the curry itself was the second most authentic, if not on par with Khao San Road’s green curry! They offered chilli oil on the side but I declined as that would mess with the flavor (looking for a specific heat, not chilli oil). I’m assuming they offered it cause chilli oil is cheaper to make than adding more thai green peppers.

That’s two I’ve found now that pairs great with Pradikatswein Riesling from the Nahe that’s between 8 to 10% alcohol (a way to approximate amount of residual sugar needed for pairing against the heat). Typically Kabinett and Spatlese (Auslese might be overkill for most cases but there were barely that did well).

So far we now have:
-Khao San Road (Toronto)
-Hello Bangkok (Mississauga)

Loving it! Now if we could just have better Korean food (and find authentic Italian food outside Libretto - Neapolitan pizza; Casalinga - Tuscan) I’d be happy.

3 Likes

Tutti Matti for “authentic” Tuscan.

4 Likes

New Thai in town https://wanglang.ca/

Great. Now I’m gonna have a Willie Dixon song in my head all day.

1 Like

NaNa’s tofu and veg Pad See Ew. I liked it.

$20.95 before tax through Ritual or UberEats.

It might be a little cheaper if you dine in or order direct from the restaurant as a walk in, and cut out the middle man. I have noticed this at a few other restaurants lately, that the prices are higher on Ritual by a buck or 2, than if you dine in.

1 Like