Made In Cookware

Hah! See see the Wallaby style has come back, full circle. You from cowboy country. Aren’t Lama boots all cowboy?

thread nominated for highest thread-drift of the season . . . .

1 Like

Grr. Nice pans Chemkin. They certainly appear well-worth-it. Use the hell out of 'em and they’ll still outlive you. I avoid Chinese products often, but I’ve had good luck with French cookware. Big mystery. Who would have thought the French would have a proud culinary tradition? Great stuff.

The DeBuyer pans are great too. It is just a personal thing. The lighter weight of the Made In works better for me. If I am as muscular and strong as you, then I am sure the DeBuyer is fine.

No, I’m hoping their (Mauviel from the wok thread) wok is of a lighter nature; but I’m guessing not. I’m gettin’ old, CK! My 12" CI is becoming cumbersome. I’m no he-man. I have a CS Made in USA wok that has sufficed, so I’m not dying out here. I like M steel, but it’s heavy. Carpal tunnel, tendonitis, arthritis. Beat down.

Either way, Made In might not be made in the US; but it sure looks like they offer quality products.

When the BGH I own begins to wither, I’ll go Made-In. The Made in US SS does seem very nice.

wrong addressee? . . .

No. He is just shy. He was looking at you while talking to me. You have not done that before?

(post deleted by author)

Okay. Ain’t gettin’ any younger. Slightly embarrassed.

The stainless steel is supposed to be their flagship. On average, Made-In stainless steel cookware (5-ply) are cheaper than All-Clad d5 (5-ply) cookware. On the other hand, Made-In stainless steel (5-ply) cookware are about the same price as All-Clad d3 (3-ply). I guess I can always add one saute pan. I have not decided if I will purchase another cookware.

That certainly seems to be the focus of their SS: thump AC. I hate nnmost AC handles, and like the look of the Made In. Just seem thicker. Tha saute was what I was thinking. The old Aldi’s Crofton has help up surprisingly nicely, but It has a handle like the AC stuff. Carpal tunnel is getting bad, so always looking for thicker. An OT I know tells me to put a piece of pool noodle around every handle I use. I said that I might just skip that prective for my CI stuff. This is one reason I really like the Mauviel M steel line. Thick, sturdy handles.

A couple months has passed, but I agree Claus. I believe the Made In carbon steel could be rebranded Vogue carbon pans from France with a different handle. I always prefer buying from a company who makes their own products.

Darto, de Buyer and Matfer are indeed known brands producing sturdier carbon pans. Perhaps I might buy Mauviel then if I wanted thinner pans, as I have seen it mentioned they are about 2 mm (like Made In). I don’t want the thinner stuff though.

There is a new company in USA also: Castaway carbon, who makes their own pans and they look a lot like Dartos, but with pouring spouts. Worth a look.

If anybody is thinking about Misen, those are ALL made in China… Lame brand.

2 Likes

Oh well. A sad update. I just noticed that my Made In fry pan has slightly wrapped. It is unfortunate because the pan is of the proper weight and size. The finish is great. I think my electric stoves simply have too much hot spot. I will see if I can pound the pan into more flat.