Lunch 2024

Lunch. Home-made baguettes from our hostess with teewurst purchased at a local German market. Legit, and 10x better than Schaller & Weber. Family tradition is to put sliced cucumber on top.

6 Likes

Today’s lunch was the last few slices of deli ham and some roasted veggies.

6 Likes

Poached egg on over-wintered kale from my balcony. Leftover blue cheese sauce. And togarashi.

According to this recipe, if you warm the egg in the boiling water while it’s still in the shell, it won’t string out. This is a filthy lie. So I hid the strings underneath. Retouching like a member of the British royal family!

8 Likes

Kate would be so proud.

1 Like

A freezer-to-table lunch! Fish (TJ’s cod and a couple of fish sticks) and chips (McCain), with a Kewpie dijonaise.

I’d been planning to make fish tacos, but I was out of tortillas.

10 Likes

[quote=“small_h, post:464, topic:37152”]
Retouching like a member of the British royal family!
[/quote] :open_mouth:

Let’s hope your egg doesn’t have abdominal cancer.

This photo made my mouth water- I’m going to have to make matzo ball soup soon.

I don’t wish that on anyone, my eggs included!

Sunday brunch.

10 Likes

A lil of this and that…some poached wild salmon salad, most is in the process of being turned into gravlax. Quick sautéed shrimp and peppers, hot paprika, etc. A lovely ripe avocado and some radish vinaigrette…
DH had the last piece of banana cake for dessert.

9 Likes

A spring break tradition: Sunday brunch at the Thai temple. Sadly, despite arriving early, the amazing moo ping was already sold out. We made do with shrimp summer rolls and the equally amazing beef /pork noodle soups.

The pork and beef broths in ginormous vats. That’s why they never run out of soup :slight_smile:

Pork soup.

Beef soup.

Summer rolls.

A taste of Bangkok in the middle of nowhere.

9 Likes

I went for brunch with the girls today and I ended up ordering one of the two non-egg dishes on the menu.

6 Likes

Tuna wrap. They make the tuna salad from fresh tuna, which they stream. I ate the other half before I remembered to take a photo. :joy:

8 Likes

Stirfried pea shoots with smoked saury and miso-marinated egg.

I miso-marinated the egg but did not smoke the saury.

8 Likes

This is gravlax from the small piece of wild salmon (Costco). It was thin and cured in about two days under weights. Accompanied by potato salad with capers and dill, lightly pickled red onions, cucs, radish and avocado with vinaigrette.

15 Likes

Last lunch in paradise: leftover fried chicken, mac & broc salad mixed together from Saturday’s dinner.

Was gonna have the last slice of the white b sproutz pizza, but someone cough cough left it in the toaster oven too long :roll_eyes: :joy: 'twas enough food, anyway :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Gnocchi with pesto

9 Likes

LEO. I’m watching my sodium…skyrocket.

6 Likes

Do you find this makes much of a difference? I haven’t, but maybe I’m not picking it up

Salmon curing experiments over here if you want to add yours:

1 Like

I find the weights help “solidify” the fish which for me means easier slicing. In this case, the fish was so thin I don’t think it mattered. I really prefer Atlantic salmon for gravlax, the wild salmon was a first and last …spur of the moment :grinning:.

2 Likes