Lunch 2024

Thanks.
It came out quite well considering the Meat wasn’t really cooked in the Curry. I was using up some grilled Tri Tip.

1 Like

Sort of. In fact, I made one for lunch today. The grilled Swiss on rye used to be an item in the commons where we’d get lunch in college. A long time ago …

3 Likes

I deboned the leftover fried sole and made tacos, with avocado and tomato.

14 Likes

Omurice and miso soup

15 Likes

Work of art

4 Likes

Inspired by @shrinkrap’s Portillo’s dog yesterday Salads - #103 by shrinkrap

I bought some hot dogs but I didn’t drag them through the garden.

Hot dog with mustard and relish for lunch.

It turns out there’s a Portillo’s in the burbs of Detroit, within a 2.5 h drive of London, ON where I am currently situated.

Of course, Detroit has its own Coney Island dogs, as well as a Imperial, , which sells Sonoran dogs in Ferndale ( a burb)

6 Likes

A picture-perfect day with cobalt-blue skies and not a cloud in sight. What else could we have for lunch than the best ice cream in town?

To the left chocolate hazelnut sorbet. The richest, most chocolatey sorbet I’ve ever had, with toasted hazelnuts and chonks of chocolate :yum: To the right, pear sorbet, white chocolate with salted pistachios and caramel (amazeballz), and coconut-mango-black sesame.

Money shot. The pear sorbet was tarter than expected. It was all fantastic, of course.

C0C435F3-DE81-42C0-8263-2D9A727A221C_4_5005_c

11 Likes

No Sizilianische Piztazie?

1 Like

You know we’ll grab a pint some day to take home :wink:

It was tempting, and the choices are always tough… I got Kinder-sized scoops this time - a bit smaller & cheaper than the regular size, and it allowed me to try 3 flavors instead of ‘just’ 2.

Also, the Sicilian pistachio is always on their menu. It is En-Croy-Able (as you know from my previous raves), for sure.

1 Like

I don’t speak German but I’d be interested in knowing what the Hokey Pokey tastes like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, what’s it all about?

8 Likes

I guess I’ll have to put my right hand in then take my right hand out then shake it all about. :notes: That’s what it’s all about! :notes:

4 Likes

:exploding_head: What town is that?

I was thinking " :musical_score:Whatsitallabout…Alfie?…is it just for the moment :notes: we live…"

2 Likes

Berlin, Germany. I’m here for a couple of months like every summer :slight_smile:

I am very, very lucky.

1 Like

It’s vanilla ice cream with crispy bits of caramel. I’ve not had it.

Last year (when we lived in even closer walking distance to HokeyPokey) they had a pecan ice cream with chocolate bits & it was so good I checked every day before we left if they had it again. They did not.

I am hopeful for this summer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did think of that, but didn’t quite get that it was summer already. :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

If we’re going by the nighttime temps here (2˚C / 35˚F) we’re pretty damn far from summer ATM :cold_face:

2 Likes

Chicken yakisoba w/miso soup

10 Likes

Ciabatta with warm Costco rotisserie chicken, mortadella, provolone and olive salad.
Dessert was a slice of sponge cake with clementine cranberry jam filling.

13 Likes