Lunch 2023 (!)

Yes, the fennel is more pleasing than celery. I also had some finishing salts that I added just prior to serving.

1 Like

Grilled rock shrimp and a mahi Reuben. Kind of a spring break tradition now :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Delicious looking!

1 Like

I dream of those shrimp all year long. They’re a bit of a PITA to release from their shells (and a bit alien looking), but the flavor is like nothing else. Just lemon & drawn butter is all you need :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree, they are wonderful! But shelling…not so much😂

1 Like

2 Likes

Pad krapow gai - Thai stir fry of chicken and holy basil. With a fried egg and rice.

12 Likes

Tostadas with refried black beans, pibil pork, pickled onions, and avocado.

10 Likes

Lunch today was a multi citrus salad with fennel, Castelvetrano olives, capers and pistachios.

Pasta with:
Sautéed cauliflower, onions, garlic, anchovies, prosciutto, a little white wine, grated Pecorino and walnuts.

12 Likes

Steamed pork patty with rice and steamed broccolini with oyster sauce.

Used this recipe divided by 3, added ginger and anchovies on top:

10 Likes

Halloumi and eggplant toast with tahini drizzle at Emmer in Toronto

8 Likes

That salad is gorgeous!

They are so good at this time of the year, we have been enjoying them frequently.

1 Like

I love that you have that as your dining companion!

2 Likes

That salad looks stunning - beautiful photos! (We made ham & cheese sandwiches with potato chips - not photogenic).

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I like to squeeze half an orange over the fruit, sometimes some Meyer lemon. It’s also good with a single citrus, either way, it’s light and refreshing!

2 Likes

I’ve got one. Shhhhhh.

1 Like

His name is Ari.

Al pastor style pork tacos

12 Likes

Stir-fried daikon skin and cabbage with carrots.

5 Likes