Lunch 2023 (!)

6 Likes

Eggs on eggs. Thought this would be a more successful combo.

7 Likes

Google Photos

Butter chickpeas and potatoes + Ashoka naan (frozen). Started w/Patak’s Butter Chicken curry paste.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Well it looks good, but what the hell is it? Candy maybe?

Tapioca pudding with coconut dusted tartufo and bomboloni

2 Likes

Thanks - it looks and sounds good, especially the bomboloni! I’m sure all three together were great though.

Nature never scoffs at gelato, chocolate, fried sugar and pastry creme

2 Likes

True, what’s not to love there? 🩵

Meatloaf (72 Market St. Recipe – highly recommended), mashed potatoes and gravy. Looking forward to sitting down later tonight with some leftovers and watch “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” and “Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color”.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Sautéed spinach, egg white omelet, mushrooms in white wine sauce

7 Likes

Beecher’s cheese and Branston pickle and butter on rye, with tots

8 Likes

That’s like the fanciest toddler lunch ever.

3 Likes

Roasted “garden plate” of fennel root, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, kiwi, garlic bulbs and mandarin oranges (not pictured)

6 Likes

I am a bit obsessed with this chicken salad with crispy brown rice and almonds from Bowls of Plenty. I just wanted to use up some brown rice as I wasn’t in the mood for fried rice, nor do I like brown rice as a replacement for white rice in a lot of cases. This salad is an homage to those “Chinese” chicken salads with fried wontons that were popular for a while.
I think there’s a misprint as I thought that no way would rice get crispy in 30 minutes at 300° F, so I roasted at 400° and that was the right call. Used some white cabbage I had rather than napa or iceberg. I also cut back on the almonds, but I used whole rather than slivered.

11 Likes

Bento with cucumber sunomono, tamagoyaki, salad, chicken teriyaki, and rice with umeboshi.

12 Likes

6 Likes

Spinach and ricotta manicotti, topped with marinara and mozzarella.

9 Likes

That looks so good!

1 Like