Julienned pickled daikon and carrots.

I treated everything else as inedible garnish. Like #FakeParsley

Back in (food) hell…

North Sea shrimp shell broth

Turkish pickled vegetables

7 Likes

Doesn’t look too hellish to me!

3 Likes

Just a little. The shrimps cost 5 bucks more for the same amount. But maybe soon they are harder to come by (smaller catch, higher price, sell/buy less etc).

Just a lil dim sum brunch with friends :yum:

IMG_0487

11 Likes

Where was this? I love dim sum!

Centre County, PA :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Not near my neighborhood - northern California coast!

1 Like

I’ve been having beef pasties topped with sumac and icing sugar and served it with a mildly spicy red cabbage slaw. I know it sounds really weird to put sugar on a pasty but with the sumac it makes such a nice and more interesting combination that I would actually recommend people try it.

8 Likes

Sounds delicious! The Moroccan b’stilla pie is also dusted with confectionery sugar and cinnamon , the filling is poultry and eggs, also delicious. Would love to try the beef /sugar/sumac pasty!

4 Likes

I had the Empanadas de Carnes as an appetizer at a Peruvian restaurant half a dozen years ago -

I was a bit surprised when it arrived :upside_down_face: The filling includes ground beef and raisins and they were very good.

6 Likes

I had no idea so many cultures had variations of that! This one is a Caucasus region type of pasty and similar to what my grandmother would make but without the topping.

And that is a very generous amount of sugar, I never knew they do that with empanadas @brucesw

You learn something new every day :grinning:

3 Likes

Shrimp tostadas with salsa Mexicana, avocado, and mayonnaise.

10 Likes

Before …

After …

:yum:

8 Likes

The “before” picture looks like a blintz.

“I used the rolling pin I bought my wife”. Yeah, right. 'Fess up now, amount of times you’ve used it versus amount of times she has!

Do you par-boil/pre-cook your potatoes?

1 Like

Sometimes I steam them in the instantpot and then fry, but that was a direct fry after being soaked in cold water and dried well.

Potato noodles and other things. Mince, prawns, bamboo shoots, seaweed, crispy shallots, Oaxaqueños chillies.

10 Likes