Lunch 2022

12 Likes

Japchae following Maangchi’s recipe

But without spinach because I forgot I didn’t have any frozen spinach.

9 Likes

Chocolate for lunch - yes, but why such horrible stuff as Hershey’s

Apparently (but I have too many people seen recently who have done exactly what you suggested with Hershey’s)

And lunch today was…. Mushroom ravioli (TJ) with sautéed mushrooms, and a pink sauce of half béchamel and marinara. Green salad fixings courtesy of Aldi’s with a simple vinaigrette, a little Dijon and a wisp of honey.
Dessert was a delicious yogurt cake made with verbena …crushed with the sugar for the batter and a verbena glaze. Verbena gelato accompanied the cake.

11 Likes

Gyudon with runny sous-vide egg

11 Likes

Soondubu jjigae using BCD kit and frozen seafood mix, with egg, rice, and kimchi.

11 Likes

I :heart: them so much. (The restaurant, not the kits. I’ve never had the kits.)

1 Like

My fourth Covid shot was a doozy. Seeking comfort from the achiness and headaches, I turned to Southern vittles:

Mixed greens (mustard, turnip, collards), black eyed peas for protein, Rotel style tomatoes and chilies for some heat; ham broth and a little beef bouillon.

Another day: Hot dog alla vodka.

DK Bavarian wiener from Aldi (skinless, beef and pork), dipped in Specially Selected Vodka sauce from Aldi (just a fancied up Sabrett’s onion sauce :slightly_smiling_face:)

Still haven’t got much appetite.

10 Likes

Feel better soon! Those greens especially look good.

2 Likes

Open face tuna salad sandwiches.

11 Likes

Plans to brunch at a newish French diner in town were thwarted by the place being packed & a line out the door. Meh.

Went to a local arts & crafts market instead, where one of my favorite local food trucks (grilled cheese sammies & mac variations) had set up: a Cubano and the jalapeño popper mac. The cheese on the Cuban could’ve def used a lil more melty action, but the mac was bomb.

9 Likes

That looks like you ordered bacon and jalapeños and they threw in some macaroni and cheese just for the fun of it.

5 Likes

Delicious it was :yum:

We went to the Farmers’ Market and stocked up on fermented beet hummus and a couple of different kinds of Kimchi. We were too late for scallion pancakes but had some terrific potstickers for lunch, dipping them in a sauce of tamari, mirin, seasoned rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, crushed garlic, grated ginger, and a little sesame oil. Nom nom.

6 Likes

Your farmers market sounds more like a food hall.

Loads of produce and meats but a lot of great local craft cooking. Many sauces, pickled things, flans, dressings, etc. Also tamales.

1 Like

6 Likes

What is this please, ipsedixet?

1 Like