Lunch 2022

Hot weather meals again.

I don’t deep fry and besides, it’s too hot these days. Let the market fishmonger do it.

Flaky hake

Fish without chips

Chilled potato noodle with crunchy vegetables. Mixed well with the lime juice, chillies, garlic and fish sauce.

Greek-inspired salad with beans

Shredded some leftover lamb shank. Seasoning is blended softened chipotle and dried tomatoes in oil.

The first 10. Steamed them all and ate 2 straight away.

Turn your mushrooms into vitamin D bombs

11 Likes

Tomato tart…a little fine ground cornmeal in the crust and a swipe of tapenade across the bottom. Goat cheese, basil, tomatoes with mozzarella on top. A side of radicchio and sliced chicken with basil vinaigrette/mayo.

10 Likes

Wow! That’s a thing of beauty :heart_eyes:

Thanks! I make lotsa’ of them, I frequently use Comté.

1 Like

Nanny really do bake. Pretty stuff.

1 Like

Hahaha! Thank you!

And today’s lunch was lamb chops “scotta dita “….burn your fingers chops. These are meant to be eaten as finger food, hence the name.These were marinated in evoo, garlic, rosemary and thyme, Roasted potatoes and a side of sautéed zucchini. Dessert was a mini cheesecake tartlet topped with red and white currants.

11 Likes

Ooooh that cheesecake! It will haunt my food fantasies for a long while! :heart_eyes:

Are you a professional baker and/or food photographer?

No, neither, but thank you😍. I’m just using an iPhone, but I have good lighting in the kitchen and a white table, that’s a big contributing factor.
My grandkids want me to start an instagram account😄!
The tartlet is 3” across and we split it, I only made two.

2 Likes

She picked the right name, Rasam. Her portfolio seems endless.

I think an Instagram account by you would be a great success! You already have a lot of material.

4 Likes

Capital idea. You got what it takes, Nannybakes! I bet you’d have a hoot.

Thanks DaBadger…but…but…what if I didn’t get any followers😄

And lunch today…vegetablepalooza. We started with mini tomatoes and yellow beets with a goat cheese, herb dressing. The beets had crushed pistachios on top. Followed by potato salad with egg and scallions; chicken salad, celery, chives and almonds. And the other cheesecake tartlet, today topped with roasted cherries and almonds.

10 Likes

A big, fat BLAT that wasn’t photogenic… so I had to eat it right away :smiley:

2 Likes

Messy but good !

1 Like

I likely have 2500/3000 food pics on my iPad😂

Just don’t stop posting here, please!

2 Likes

Well thank you!! I doubt I’d go on instagram as I value my privacy, it would have to be anonymous!

2 Likes

You can pick any handle you want on IG. But I agree with @brucesw – please don’t stop sharing your deliciousness here :slight_smile:

2 Likes