Lunch 2022

Our local Safeway has deviled egg potato salad - really good!

1 Like

Kicking off the weekend early with grilled kielbasa, serranos torreados (grilled serrano chiles and onions with lime and salt), and tomatoes on a toasted bun!

12 Likes

Tried this with nutritional yeast this time around.
Although the flavour is good the eggs didn’t hold together as well and it does look less appetizing.
My eyes can tell the difference yet my stomach cannot. :wink:

10 Likes

Thai food at the park was for lunch: seafood hor mok pla, moo ping, som tam, beef noodz soup.

11 Likes

Glorious summer afternoon to eat outside. Not too hot, or wet, for a change.

(Watching “Kochen mit Martina und Moritz” but it’s a repeat. I forget the programme has their summer hiatus.)

2 Likes

Made a big batch of char siu that I froze and took out a couple of pieces to use in summer rolls for lunch today.

13 Likes

Chilled buttermilk soup with “pesto” (chard leaves, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds etc).

Butter from the sea (new-catch Matjes)

Bread brought back from Middle Mosel

A few things to put on bread

Mashed broad beans and mozz

“Potato cheese” (Austrian and south German mashed potato spread with soured cream)

Iberico charcuterie and runny St Marcellin

Strawberry spread (mashed with a fork, chia seeds added) and fruits.

And lastly

9 Likes

When I grow up I’d like to eat lunch like you :wink:

Btw, I’ve never in my life heard of Erdäpfelkäse… sounds strange (although I do love a good gratin, I can’t imagine cheesy potatoes on bread.

1 Like

Lunch at our favorite focaccia place. Funghi & spicy salame. Hit the spot, as usual.

12 Likes

Cheese bun panini with maple ham, fried egg over easy, tomato, cucumber and a sprinklung of cheese sandwich.

11 Likes

It’s more common in Austria (I think they “invented” it, Austrians are very creative when it comes to potatoes).

Next time I’ll sprinkle crispy Speck over the whole surface!

4 Likes

Pear and bacon pizza drizzled with fig reduction and goat cheese crumbles.

9 Likes

Bold combo.

The other option was smoked salmon, lemon and Camembert cheese with capers

1 Like

There wasn’t enough left for another toast, so — go big or go home: trout caviar on whole wheat toast with shmear & a squeeze of lemon juice :yum:

12 Likes

Nice! Is it pressure treated? If it pops easily then it isn’t. I notice roes from Scandinavia are usually pressure treated (firm texture and remains plump a lot longer).

Pretty much the only thing I like about fish. I have a little glass pot if roe in the fridge. Always.

I was in Tallinn… they would scoop the roe out of a pail! Wonderful. I got myself a scoop, of course.

So many missing spots … looks like it was barely enough for one toast.

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.50.50 AM

2 Likes

Don’t you eat a lot of herring?

Ima slacker :woman_shrugging:t3:

Yes, but they are not “fresh”. I really like cured and smoked fish. An example is eel. Only like it smoked. I have tried fresh of course, so that I could slag it off.