Lunch 2022

It’s delicious…soft and custardy. Thank you!

Yeah, nice. Soft and custardy is more desirable (to my taste). I also prefer Spanish tortilla the same way: very soft in the centre, to the point of custardy.

2 Likes

I adore spinach wilted down with cream or cheese or anything resembling creamed spinach or spanakopita. Most sad that no one else in my family does, so this is very much an “out” type of food for me, if I can find it where we dine out…

1 Like

Swiss chard ruled out, too?

It’s not the veg they dislike. It’s the cream or cheese added to it.

Ah…what if you made a mornay and only put your part of the greens into it?

I can always cook something different for myself. It’s just more work that way if what’s essential is to put a meal for everyone on the table. That always leads to “least common denominator” cooking. Fortunately they are all mostly open minded, so avoiding ingredients and preps they don’t like still leaves me a lot of room to move around. But it does mean that I don’t have the things I like as often as I like…

3 Likes

Delicious! :slight_smile: thanks for the tag and nice to see you are trying some of his recipes, they are so good!

I’ve made this more than several times…always good!

Yam leaves. :yum:

6 Likes

Ooh. Where do you acquire these?

my garden

2 Likes

Ah. I am terrible at growing root vegetables. Jealous!

Tiffin for the labouring proletariats in the family. The work from home people also had the same lunch.

Keema bread pakodas made with veggie crumbles, and besan + rice flour + seltzer water + spices batter.

The little drops are boondis made from the batter remnants.

Family liked it.

9 Likes

Don’t be.

They drink water like a thirsty fish.

Ok @Rasam, I have eaten kheema samosas and bread pakodas, but this is the first time I’ve seen kheema bread pakodas! :yum:

That looks so good! I would like it, too!

1 Like

Oh, it’s definitely a thing! :smile:

https://www.google.com/search?q=best+qeema+bread+pakoda+recipe&oq=best+qeema+bread+pakoda+recipe&aqs=chrome..69i57.11889j0j7&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

Tiffin / lunch part 2.

The leftover veg keema stuffing was made into sandwich toasts, a very common snack when I was growing up.

I used white bread, which we almost never buy. Does anyone US based have a store bought white bread brand they recommend?

The toast maker is included in the picture. Butter the outside of the sandwich, pinch shut in the toast maker, trim off whatever bread is sticking out, toast on the gas stove top on medium-low heat for 4 minutes a side. The outsides get toasted shut. No batter/frying involved.

Also well received.

6 Likes

I actually like white bread, probably because we were never allowed to have it when I was growing up! The two brands I like are Pepperidge Farm and Artesano. I know whole grain bread is better for you, but at this point in my life, I don’t eat a lot of bread so I’d rather have what I like.
I like your toast maker thingie.

2 Likes