Lunch 2022

Lunch/brunch – whatever ya wanna call it. Stone oven rolls, “landrahm” (a creamy dairy concoction from a local chain), shrimp salad, and two loverly young cheeses from the weekly market in our hood. A brebis type young goat, and a Duc du Bourgogne. SBEs and milk not pictured.

8 Likes

Another nice, flawless little meal!

The prawns with cream thing I make it myself. This way I can add as much roe as I please :triumph:

This one cheesemonger at my local market writes names of the cheeses for me 'cuz if sliced from a wheel I can’t remember their names by the time I get home.

(Watching “Kochen mit Martina & Moritz” as I type this.)

8 Likes

This is a nice photo. May I suggest something? If you want to lighten the shadow on the right side then use a big sheet of aluminium as a reflector, wrap it around an unused photo frame or something as simple as a piece of cardboard (size A4 for example). Use a metal clam as a stand and put it next to your food, that’s it. Try it next time and see the difference.

1 Like

It’s usually on the receipt, but we’ve managed to throw those out each time we got some lovely cheese :roll_eyes:

And I briefly debated adding more trout roe - not like I don’t still have some in the fridge…

3 Likes

Parsi Kheema per Eeda (Parsi Spiced Minced Lamb with Runny Eggs), a recipe from Maunika Gowardhan - https://maunikagowardhan.co.uk/cook-in-a-curry/kheema-per-eeda-parsi-spiced-minced-lamb-topped-with-fried-runny-eggs/

We had it with some flour tortillas that needed to be used up.

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

You are making me want to visit Berlin again!

1 Like

Farmers’Market bounty…a huge bag of very fresh spinach was the basis for the tart. Of course , it cooked down to “nothing” but was delicious mixed with ricotta, an egg and some Parmesan cheese. The arugula on the side of the plate came from our terrace pots.

8 Likes

Do it!

Später (i.e., later).

Danke, ich spreche fließend Deutsch :wink:

The translation was not meant for you. It was meant for everyone else!

1 Like

Kwaytiew mu and laab ped were for lunch. Followed by mango/passionfruit, caramelized walnut, and cinnamon ice cream :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Soup and a salad … cauliflower soup with a pesto of hazelnuts, sesame seeds, chervil, tarragon, parsley, parm and evoo. Delicious salad greens dressed with vinaigrette and a wee bit of cheese on the side.

13 Likes

Asparagus Strammer Max

Riesling from a supermarket I have been drinking for years. It’s fine and readily available.

From a Polish supermarket.

Cooked half in water after boiling beetroots

All 3 sausages sliced and fried with onions.

8 Likes

I do the same.

Wow. That’s quite a meal!

On different days.

I can eat fruits or cheese enough for 4 people but not a big meal. When it’s a substantial one I forgo dinner and drink more beer or wine instead.

3 Likes

Frittata di pane…cheesy, bubbling goodness. This recipe might have originated in cucina povera as it’s a very good use of stale bread. I also added zucchini and scallion that had been browned and a little extra cheese. The veggies are added to the center of the frittata and after being cooked stove top for a minute or two, put in a 350* oven for about 20 minutes. The inspiration came from Memorie di Angelina. @damiano

14 Likes

That looks SO good :star_struck: