Lunch 2021

Beautiful eggs. I love beetroots every which way. I don’t taste any “dirt”, my beetroots are sweet.

If you like mustard maybe you want to try this german dish called “eggs in mustard sauce”. It’s very simple. Look around for recipes, quite a few in English.

Mine. Left them steep a little long on purpose.

Here it is, with home-made beetroot dumplings and (store-bought) Turkish cheese.

6 Likes

Thanks. Too kind.
I love shellfish. Fish, only maybe half.

1 Like

Food symmetry. Symmetry anything is beautiful.

7mins straight from the fridge?

Me too. I am a big shellfish fan !! Finned fish, depends on type and preparation.

I adore mullusks (oysters, clams, mussels, razor clams) and squid and calamari … Lobster and crevettes, a deep deep red prawn from the Brittany Coast.

Enjoy, looks great and the beetroot with eggs is also lovely.

Have a lovely evening.

Photo: Carabineros = Crevettes in French and English.

5 Likes

Brunch today is going to be salsa, and more salsa.

Using up the last batch of tomatoes from the garden.

5 Likes

The last time I purchased fresh razor clams was off a retailer at the Chelsea Market NYC. He was kind enough to add my order to his own if I got up early! There’s not a dish in your post I wouldn’t enjoy.

The jar of pickled beets I ordered recently was so tasty adding a handful of steamed, shelled eggs was an easy hack to get that delicious tint and flavor. Twofer! I’ve got another batch soaking up the brine now.

I’m leaving soon for a flight to Iceland, then into Paris and London to meet up with pals. I’ll do my best to share.

Thanks for the warm regards, @Presunto.

10 Likes

How very nice!
Safe travels!

1 Like

I don’t understand. Are you saying Bursa is not far from Istanbul, rather than not far from the capital?

Ankara is east of Bursa and quite a bit farther.

Bursa → Ankara: about 5 hrs by car
Bursa → Istanbul: about 2 hrs by car

It’s quite ridiculous that I can’t seem to find a good travel guide for Turkey. Rough Guide has published one and only edition, back in 2016. Lonely Planet is more recent but some regions of Turkey are missing. Besides, I don’t like LP’s style.

1 Like

Yep. Steamed in about an inch of water. I used to believe that cold eggs would crack if put in hot water, but I proved myself wrong. Very few of them do.

2 Likes

Ah. Thanks.
I keep eggs in the fridge and cook them straight out of it. Indeed, cracking rarely happens.

Love eggs.

1 Like

Is it for taco or part of something? On top of broccoli steak? (@bcc) :broccoli:

I noticed in Mexico, the cheaper the eatery, the whiter the salsa. It contains more onions.

Wear layers ! It is getting quite cold in Europe now … Need some real warm clothing.

The 3 cities you are going to are alot colder than here in Spain.

Safe travels and have a fabulous time.

2 Likes

Time Out is an excellent series … Not sure if they have one on Turkey …

I love their Spain, Italy and France editions.

They come in countries and cities …

You can check online and perhaps download it !!

Good luck with it …

1 Like

@Presunto

Time Out is free online and it does have Turkey, not just Istanbul City.

You can have the publications sent to your email.

You could also buy the book as well on Turkey.

Have a safe and lovely trip, @Rooster!

2 Likes

Rick Steves does a very practical style guide that used to appeal to me - all the practical info you wish there other guides told you.

He doesn’t do everywhere though, and not every year.

I found istanbul, but if you check some used book sites - or his website - you may find something broader.

4 Likes

Well friend, I am worn out exhausted from my trip but had a terrific time. Purchased a chocolate bar in Reykjavík out of curiosity. too sweet, not enough cacao and took a bite out of my wallet BUT I liked trying it.
Had a terrific steak in red wine reduction that I did not expect to find! Went to the beach in the rain just to feel the black sand. Masks in place.

Moving onto Paris, our host took us to the 10 day old Mimosa Rue Royale for lunch and every nibble after was simpler market fare in order to be on the move. Noticed a much slimmer selection of foodstuffs in markets. Visited friends, went clubbing, shopped for Christmas. Masks worn everywhere.

Then onto London, fewer masked citizens so we were more self aware but we adore London. Took in an exhibit, Reimagining Alice, and hung with friends. Rainy, coldish at times but the architecture, accents and tasty nibbles really did wonders.

My wife has most of the pics. Her favorite Dior studio had her attention!

Here are a few off the cell.

13 Likes

Thank you. It was a lot of fun.

1 Like

We were fine, prepared. Thank you.