Lunch 2021

Awesome photographs … And wow on those Mushrooms … Are they edible or toxic ?

The calamari look wonderful.

Thanks!

All the mushrooms in the photos are poisonous. We don’t really have edible fungi in the wild around here. Puffballs are edible but everything else is poisonous.

3 Likes

“Wow” was exactly all I could say!

2 Likes

They look poisonous !!

Thanks for the feedback and have a nice summer.

A few lunches from the last week or so

Breakfast for lunch again! I found some black pudding from a local butcher. They called it boudin noir but tomato tomato potato potato right.

Bulgogi sandwich using store bought marinade (Bibigo) with onions, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, and mayo.

Sandwich on roll with mayo, mustard, provolone, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and turkey.

8 Likes

Avocado tomato toast, because I couldn’t decide between the two.

11 Likes

You found it!

Black pudding is readily available where I live but it only comes in a big sausage form, and sold in thick slices.

Like this: (name of this dish is “Himmel & Erde”. Potato mash, apple sauce, and black pudding. Topped with crispy fried onions.)

I haven’t tried this combo. I’m sure it’s good.

It’s better to combine tomatoes with some kind of fat to boost lycopene absorption. Avos contain naturally good fats.

4 Likes

Morcilla de Burgos is the Spanish translation though I had seen it in Wash D.C. when we had travelled to a Convention - Trade Fair there back approx 5 years ago.

I believe the key difference is that in Spain, the Morcilla has hog´s blood and in The Usa - it does not.

Looks tasty …

1 Like

I liked Iberico Morcilla I ate in Alajar. Charcuterie in Alajar and Sierra de Aracena area is nothing short of amazing.

El Sabor de la Sierra

4 Likes

Have not been in a very long time.

Yes, they are known for their charcuterie.

Looks good … Enjoy !!!

There are 2 things missing: The bread and a bottle of Marques de Murrieta or Bodega Muga (reds).

I don’t understand. How could it be Morcilla without the blood?

Here’s one made in US. It’s where I usually order Spanish products .

La Tienda It has beef rather than pig blood!

La Tienda imports Spanish products and they are quite pricey.

To answer you, I once read that the hog´s blood was prohibited in the Morcilla de Burgos which is the main designation of origin in Castilla - León autonomous region. I do not remember where I read it, but I recall the article facts.

I am uncertain if this law has been changed or not.

I have never heard of Beef Morcilla !!! However, due to Halfal dietary laws - I have seen many lamb substitutions for the pork …

We have friends (Verza Salume is name of company) in Italy who produce a wide variety of Charcuterie and they have special lines of Halfal and also Kosher Charcuterie - both without pork obviously and come with a Legal Certificate of the product too … They export alot to Dubai and Israel amongst other export markets for the Muslim and Jewish Communities in Paris, London, Amsterdam and Eastern Europe.

Their salume (salami) with truffles is absolutely a jewel of charcuterie. The salami comes in a log which is placed under a heat lamp to keep it warm (not hot).

3 Likes

@shrinkrap

Here is a photo of the Salume with gold metallic foils and truffles from Verza Salume, Director Federico.

7 Likes

I believe the product LA Tienda sells is a pork sausage, but it uses beef blood rather than pig blood.

1 Like

Oh ! Interesting yet odd for us …

Enjoy your trip to N.Y.C. i hope you have really lovely weather.

1 Like

Shakshuka/menemen!

One minute later and the eggs are over. :frowning:

9 Likes

I make “Punjabi style” eggs on the stovetop - a cousin of shakshuka, with an Indian-spiced tomato base sautéed first, then dents made, eggs cracked in, and covered for a minute or two to cook (to taste).

I think stovetop gives more control over done-ness.

I guess one could also crack eggs in at different times if someone eating wanted them more done than someone else.

3 Likes

Thank you! When i read that weeks ago I thought you meant you dug the the dumpling wrappers out of the garbage!

2 Likes

lol :joy: maybe I should have called it a container

1 Like

Nothing to do with dumplings but this George Costanza scene comes to mind… :joy: :rofl:

Gif-Seinfeld-George_WasteBin

4 Likes