Lunch 2021

Twice cooked pork with leek, onion, and bell pepper, with rice.

9 Likes

More Salad…

I made this salad to go with takeout, Rotisserie Chicken & Chicken Pasta Salad.

Bok Choy, Baby Bell Peppers, Carrots, Cara Cara Oranges, Sugar Snap Peas, Thai Basil, Pine Nuts, Dressing of Miso, Seasoned Rice Vinegar, Nuoc Mam Cham, Sweet Chili Sauce, Sesame Oil, Vegenaise

10 Likes

Impossible burger on toasted English muffin. Copying @Mr_Happy

8 Likes

DIY egg McMuffins. Bays muffins, Kraft singles and Niman Ranch Canadian bacon. #ItsBefore10AMSomewhere

7 Likes

Repeat of last night’s dinner for lunch today, kind of. Merguez sausage patties, flageolet beans, tomato, and sour cream with mint b/c I didn’t have any yogurt handy.

5 Likes

Beautiful meals, everyone!

My new and proper oven inspires me to do more baking. One of the things I have made lately. A lot more airy than the first time for sure. Second try at making crumpets.

Radishes are in season (but I do eat them year round anyhow).

Radishes and buttermilk blitzed together in the blender. Green paste is pureed radish greens/leaves with some water added.

Scrambled eggs on toast. I had wanted to make “Scottish woodcock” but then remembered I had semi-dried tomatoes in oil.

The paste: anchovies and dried tomatoes in oil crushed in a mortar.

6 Likes

Deliciously beautiful.

3 Likes

Thanks!
Sometimes I put cottage cheese on bread with radishes but usually straight from the tub like a snack!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new oven.

2 Likes

Some good looking crumpets there. And everything else too!

1 Like

Quiche without crust and steamed rather than baked - so 12 mins vs 45.

5 Likes

Oh, I thought I was custard.

I’ve never made quiche because… making the crust and baking.

Thanks, Mr.Happy and BCC. 2 weeks later and I’m still loving the new oven.

Lunch from freezer - peas and sausage roll with HP sauce.

6 Likes

Spaghetti alla puttanesca

10 Likes

Very disciplined portion control by Mr. Happy :innocent:

Its’ rhubarb time. The cheese ratio is way off…

I made 2 batches of rhubarb mush. This batch contained only the greener half and it was quite pale pink in the end. Well, I always have (sous vide) beetroots on hand so I added some to the blender to make this paste/spread.

More cheese on the side…

I actually used Edelmont in the toasties. Somehow my brain decided to ignore the word “cumin” on the Munter. Fortunately, the Munster is so pungent the cumin smell has no chance.

Shaved rhubarb in pastry. There’s chocolate in the filling but the pastry was for the partner, and the Lindt was for me.

We have miserable autumn-like weather 10 months a year and it’s still not over yet. At least the plants and birds are happy.

I clean this feeder thoroughly every day but somehow when I make photos of the birds it’s so dirty again. The birds are messy eaters.

5 Likes

Sandwich of leftover pernil style pork, with fried onions, aioli, and romaine lettuce.

7 Likes

Khao ka mu from freezer, with hardboiled egg, broccolini, chili garlic vinegar sauce, and pickled mustard greens.

7 Likes

Rarely do I have anything interesting for lunch but here was today’s: leftover steamed hom mali rice from last night which I tossed with egg, asparagus, tomato, onion, garlic, and splashes of soy sauce and Shaoxing cooking wine.

8 Likes

Quiche is just custard in a crust, so yup.

I enjoy the crust very much, actually - there are some easy recipes for press-in crusts if you want to try.

1 Like