Lunch 2021

Turkey, cranberry sauce, spicy pickles, lettuce, mustard, salt and pepper on sourdough baguette

9 Likes

Love the towel @Rooster! Wrap looks good too.

Thanks. The towels arrive for free when you use a code when you buy spices from Burlap & Barrel. 2 pk. They are sturdy kitchen towels.

I bought some with an order, and like them. What’s the code, I missed it?

Will post pics of my 2 orders, shortly @Rooster.

1 Like

For anyone looking to add towels to their order: the updated free towel code is BONAPPETIT. Remember to add the towels to your cart and then apply the code!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Italian hoagie and :cucumber:

7 Likes

Chestnut-mushroom "Pâté:

“Cold comfort”

7 Likes

Unbelievable. How did you prepare the chestnut mushrooms? Steps, please .
Your tree photo is hauntingly beautiful.

Thanks.

You can make it savoury, closer to the “Pâté” taste, by adding seasoning, onions, garlic , juniper berries etc. I have done that but prefer simpler, pure taste of chestnuts and boletus. For this one I soaked the mushrooms and chestnuts separately then pureed both. Soaking the chestnuts to soften them. I then added some mushroom soaking liquid to the puree a little at a time until I got a consistency I like. That’s it.

1 Like

Bookmarking to give this a go. Juniper berries, best place to find them in my neck of the woods? Hmm…

You don’t have to use juniper berries. I like them and put them in a few things.

Here are some ideas:

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Already 10 days into the new year. Time flies in lockdown. Speaking of which, the current lockdown is supposed to end on Jan 19 (5 weeks), but news reports have been saying it’s likely the government will extend it until the end of the month as infections and deaths are not dropping fast enough.

Anyway, I can only make sure I stay safe and away from egotistical people who have no qualms about playing Russian roulette with my health.

Hokkaido scallops poached in German white wine. Squash puree, on top of which are pistachios and salsa macha.

Made flans with the rest of the squash puree .

The winter fog series continues

X marks the spot, but for what I don’t know.

Still safe to be alone in the woods, but for who much longer, though. It only takes a moment for a seemingly normal person to snap. OK, I discovered Investigation Discovery channel last year during lockdown and have been watching a lot of episodes. Stopped watching TV for many years and now watching again but only the ID channel.

Visibility was very poor due to dense fog. I had to go to the woods alone to make these photos. The partner freaked out AF when I talked about it later.

7 Likes

Glad you are doing everything you can to be safe. Nature lovers have it dblly hard. Great meal!

1 Like

Presunto, I know you like cheese. Am I correct in my assumption that you like Saint-Félicien?

Yes. I have had it many times and saved some of the terracotta dishes.

I recognized the dishes.

They are handy for small portions of things.

It’s all over the national news now. Lockdown is extended till Feb 9. Nature areas are dangerously busy with so many people. I can’t go there now with so many of these dumbasses around.

I took your advice. Monkfish liver, portabello mushrooms and onions in a whiskey cream sauce. I probably should’ve have made less, 'cause it was quite rich. But pretty good.

File_000

5 Likes