Lunch 2020

Very nice, Rooster. I tend to avoid all deep-frying. Have never attempted tempura :astonished:

Not much time for other photos today. But I really enjoyed my crab claws.

Made these for the partner

80 euros worth of flower bulbs, mostly allium.

Forgot to show you this… Finally got a real Chinese plate then I dropped it 5 minutes after walking out of the shop…

Glued it back together. Food is home-made char siu/roasted pork.

11 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

Kimchi and chicken fried rice [Uncle Roger would be appalled at my poor technique]image

7 Likes

Just curious - what’s wrong with your technique? I’ve never made fried rice and don’t have an Uncle Roger, so what do I know?!
Thanks.

Uncle Mr. Happy approves.

2 Likes

Actually I made more effort this time. I made the rice the day before and spread it out on a pan left in the fridge so it wouldn’t be clumpy. I think I just don’t get my pan hot enough to get some sizzle to the rice, so no “wok hay” (and as Uncle Roger says, there is no such thing as “pan hay”). I have a heavy cast iron wok that was a wedding present forever ago but I never use it and I don’t feel like it gets hot enough. The flavor is good, but it lacks something in texture and is always a bit too wet.

2 Likes

Egg salad sandwich, pickles, and cherry tomatoes.

8 Likes

Love it - thanks!

1 Like

Ham and cheese (provolone) sandwich.

4 Likes

Big ass salad, with leftover grilled chicken and marinated cucumbers and onions

5 Likes

Black beans with cheese, Mexican rice, some quick pickled cucumber, and a fried egg. A recurring lunch for me lately.

6 Likes

Chicken pot pie biscuit styled. Making lunch the dinner meal more often.

10 Likes

Autumn is coming

Some of the walking paths in the woods where I often go to. The windmill is the bakery in the countryside (15mins by bike) where I buy all the sourdough breads.

On the way back from the woods, biking past the bakery to reach my local asparagus farm. In the autumn they sell squashes from a farm on the other side of the woods.

When done picking out what you want to buy just put money in the little blue box

Mine to take home. The plastic container underneath the quashes is mussels (for dinner as soon as we got home).

Now back at home

Poor blue tit flew into the shed door the partner left over for 10 seconds. It was dazed and unresponsive for a couple of minutes. I managed to make a photo just before it got back on its feet again and took off.

10 Likes

White squash in photo above is in these muffins. The flesh is dense strands, like spaghetti squash. No sugar added.

With lots of Texel sheep’s cheese inside and some on top as well.

Just plain oysters, sourdough and Iberico Schmalz.

Another lunch

I used Texel sheep’s cheese:

11 Likes

Cast iron pizza. Dough was really superb from KArthur site even with a shorter rise. Topping mozz cheese, salsa verde, grilled peppers and chicken. Seasoned with a taco blend.

10 Likes

Oven fired? Or, stove top?

Oven. 450* for 20 mins.

1 Like

Oh my that’s truly stunning.

1 Like

This should have made an appearance every single day given my preponderance of tomatoes… but it’s only the second time so far, silly me.

Pan amb tomaquet / pan con tomate using homemade bread and homegrown tomatoes… I’ll be sad when i have to stop saying that!

I grated some ripe tomatoes of a few types, seasoned with red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, a touch of garlic, and olive oil. Toasted and then charred the bread, drizzled with olive oil, spooned over the tomatoes, and another crack of pepper on top. Plus more olive oil.

Just. So. Good.

The slice of Petit Basque on the side was completely unnecessary.

8 Likes

Breakfast pizza
Yukon taters, bacon, mozz cheese, shallots, eggs.

Next time, I will pan fry the eggs and then add them to the oven cooked pizza. The yolks were too firm.

9 Likes