Local 130 Seafood (shop), Asbury Park

A local treasure for sure. Bless 'em!
Bought tuna and salmon today, had their scallops last night.

1 Like

I received another beautiful order of fresh caught black bass filets and a gorgeous huge red snapper from Local 130. As a bonus I ordered the 3 pack of Nicholas Creamery ice cream :slightly_smiling_face: That coffee crunch ice cream is addictive. Friday night Mrs. P prepared the black sea bass filet. Details and pictures in the main WFD thread below.

3 Likes

Beautiful fish indeed. Welcome to the addictive world of Nicholas creamery. Just saw they posted pics of cherry goat cheese flavor today. That’s going on top of the list now.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I had the cherry/goat cheese last summer… YUM

Giving this a try with the salmon from Local 130 since the fire pit is rained out. Def the best salmon we have purchased in NJ. Even my lady is enjoying it…and she’s all kinds of fish shy.

5 Likes

Just saw this on IG and thought I’d share, as it’s stunning AND a bargain!

4 Likes

Just a FYI for anyone/everyone out there. I noticed in Foodtown in Red Bank yesterday that they feature Local 130 Seafood in their seafood case. I thought it was unusual for a store of that nature to advertise who their supplier was, but hey it’s there if anyone is interested.

5 Likes

FYI for you Stone Crab fans…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG7gtzXgUJT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like

Calling @seal !!!

Yesss Massster?

Oh, you meant I should look at the crab claw pics? Thanks a lot! Now I’m drooling on my keyboard.

2 Likes

Big news!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH08lPnAkw5/?igshid=1cy69m78q4wxr

3 Likes

awesome news!

Photos like these make me really sad that I can’t eat lobster… #StupidAllergies

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMdd1hguEN/?igshid=uy3wz1sda9lx

2 Likes

3lbs salmon, #cod and #scallops arrived an hour ago. These guys rock! Cod arrived last night to them…today in my chill box!

4 Likes

( Brittany Wild Carabineros = Crevettes in English and French).

3 Likes

Be still my heart

1 Like

My heart too …

Rewarded. Joined by veg fries. Salmon is incredibly fresh.

6 Likes

FYI fish loving friends. Local 130 is doing a $20 off discount if you order over $100 for home delivery. Code “springtime”. Valid through Sat 3/27. Just placed my order!

I’ll be eating scallops tomorrow!

5 Likes

This took me a few days to get back to but wanted to share about the popup dinner at Local 130 over the weekend. Unfortunately, @sockster couldn’t use his tickets and graciously worked through several of my technological challenges but it finally worked out and we were able to buy them off him! Fun dinner, only 6 tables. Perfect summer weather and we sat outside.

1st course: Trio of oysters. I’m a bit of an oyster purist and feel like they don’t need anything beyond maybe a tiny squirt of lemon but all tasty.

2nd course: I believe this was tuna with capers, jalapeno, soy, YUM. Best course of the night:

3rd course: Garlic shrimp with sourdough bread and a light sauce, YUM YUM YUM. My husband revealed that he doesn’t like shrimp (also news to me since I make shrimp at least 1-2x a month…) but said this was very very good.

4th course: Clams with bucatini , nothing wildly fancy but perfectly done al dente pasta. A deceivingly large portion which I think was why I was basically in a food coma when we got home.

5th course: Seared scallops and tomato couscous - delicious, perfect sear.

6th course: Lemon pound cake, strawberries and whipped cream - not a skimpy portion! LOL very very good!

We totally enjoyed and stopped by after the beach on Sunday to buy a few lbs of fish!

12 Likes