What's For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

Awesome is the word.

1 Like

Finally smaller chicken. Nice

1 Like

Wow looks great.

1 Like

That’s pretty awesome. Does she get help!

ETA What kind of help does she get?

1 Like

Best of luck!

1 Like

We received another beautiful shipment of black bass filets and a gorgeous huge red snapper from Local 130 seafood. Friday night Mrs. P made some crispy skinned filet of black bass topped with shrimp in a delicious fresh herb (from our garden) butter, caper, and vermouth sauce, with asparagus on the side. It went great with a delicious California red blend.

18 Likes

Not much besides my dad. I still can’t believe she does it all. She is unbelievable. All organic too. They do have a farmer that cuts the fields for hay.

3 Likes

Very much lucky me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Happy you are rained on with food blessings @gracieggg! What a fabulous looking garden. Am searching for a quote from the goddess Ceres, appropriate to an abundance of food. Will post when found. :blush::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

One of those nights when it was hard to even decide what we wanted to eat. We came up with this: grilled hot Italian sausages, with tasty sides. Salad was amazing & we managed to eat the rainbow! Well all except for blue, I guess. Totally hit the spot. Oh night before, due to QT ennui, it was a takeout burger meal from Carl’s Jr. (IMO) one of best drive thru takeout burgers around. With Diet Cokes, FF’s & onion rings. Drove through McDonald’s next to Carl’s & picked up an Oreo McFlurry. Because we deserved it! :upside_down_face:
No pics, but felt I needed to come clean & cop to it. Oops, maybe poor choice of words there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

FRENCHESCARGOTf4047f2726bfd62ee30d893c2c640e23

Saturday Treat at a lovely French Bistro: Escargot …
As we are in Phase 2, we have gone out to our local spots (reservations) and have treated ourselves.
Photo by my “Dear GP”.

16 Likes

Friday Classic Gnocchi Lunch at home.

22 Likes

Cooking without the usual panic “must get dinner on the table ASAP!” Very refreshing! I used some lovely arugula and broccoli from our little garden. I tried to get a nice crispy skin on some black bass but nearly burnt it. Still yummy. Topped a couple with a garlic scape pesto I made with walnuts. Sides of broccoli, farro and that arugula salad with a tasty red wine vinegar, shallot, honey, mustard dressing.

21 Likes

61376241553__001F415C-222C-496C-9DE1-94AFB27A7515.jpeg

Torched cheese omelette. Nice char; almost pizza crust.

Handles well on road gigs sans cooking appliances.

16 Likes

I have not been able to get this out of my mind ever since I saw your photo the other day. Made it tonight and it is sooo good. Thank you! And RB too of course.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We made packaged gnocchi crisped in sage brown butter, served over a schmear of vodka sauce and delicious local Italian sausage. Salad with lettuce from our friends’ garden and balsamic vinaigrette on the side. Our newly minted 3 year-old threw an annoying tantrum about not wanting to eat this unfamiliar meal - dramatically pushing the bowl away across the table multiple times. We kept our cool and I persuaded him to try a bite of the sausage, and explained that the gnocchi were like “crispy french-fry pasta”. He bought it and ate heartily. Gratifying. It’s all in the pitch.

22 Likes

I’m impressed with your sales techniques! My kid said tonight she didn’t want to eat dinner but only wanted snacks. I’m said oh ok, here are fun snacks of farro and broccoli. She ate them both. No fish but more for me ha!!!

6 Likes

Well played :laughing:

3 Likes

Broccoli, bacon and caramelized onion quiche with a side salad of mixed lettuce, chopped radishes, cukes, and tomatoes with a lemon-honey sherry vinaigrette.

Wine.

And a gorgeous day. My long PTO weekend worked out better than I had hoped. At least so far.

27 Likes

Everyone got involved making dinner tonight. The Sprout made steamed vegetable buns, I seared tuna and grilled zucchini, and Mr Bean made sticky rice with mango and strawberry. Amazingly enough, each of us washed what we used.

22 Likes