Local 130 Seafood (shop), Asbury Park

I am too… @fershore I assume everything was nice and cool in spite of missing ice packs? Every post I’ve seen (here and elsewhere) talks about how well-packaged everything always is.

I don’t recall mine having ice packs but I was probably the first delivery of the day and grabbed it right off the porch after they put it there

1 Like

Mine didn’t come with ice packs either, but they called me as soon as it was there. The fish was cold and obviously taken right from a cooler.

1 Like

Delivered around noon. I went outside after 5 to bring it in. Fish was fine. I think it was just chilly enough out yesterday…Halibut last night was unbelievable fresh. Grill is on for tuna as we type…

2 Likes

So we ordered a pound of Salmon, 6 head on shrimp and mussels. We are having the salmon tonight. When I was putting the order in our fridge I thought the salmon looked small. My wife said the same thing. So we actually weighed the salmon and the pieces still in the bag were about 14 ounces or slightly less. Per pound it’s one of the least expensive items so it’s only about 2 dollars of fish we were shorted. Just looking for opinions on if you would say anything. Not to get anything out of them just more of a hey this was a little light so u might want to be more careful. I know it’s impossible to be exact but it seems like a lot per size of the salmon order to be short.

1 Like

I think if you start by saying you don’t want anything but you want to let them know that it’s fine to tell them!

+1 to what @CurlzNJ said. I would be upfront and just share your comments. I think they will appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

Just want to add we just finished and the grilled salmon was phenomenal.

2 Likes

Lovely scallops tonight. I saw on the local 130 Instagram account they now have cape cod oysters. $25 for a dozen that includes a oyster knife. Pricey but definitely hope to get a dozen or two with my next order

6 Likes

Add me to the list of fans. Ordered black bass, salmon, mussels, and the mixed mushrooms. Roasted the salmon in mustard, made the black bass into fish tacos. Both excellent. Mushrooms are as pretty as the picture. The mussels didnt come with the rest of the order because they ran out, but happily dropped them off the next day. Only had a few broken ones, and they smell perfectly like the sea. Will be making those tonight, Trama-style.

3 Likes

Ooo…are you making the croutons?

1 Like

I was planning on it, those are arguably just as important as the mussels!

2 Likes

Seems like a good thread to share this:

3 Likes

Mrs. P made an awesome whole black sea bass from Local 130 Seafood.

10 Likes
1 Like

Good lord I wish I had that fish in front of me!!

1 Like

Mrs. P made some awesome black sea bass filets from Local 130 tonight with an excellent sauce of capers, vermouth, oil, and butter, among other ingredients. We had a side of asparagus.

7 Likes

Looks amazing as always

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Met! Their fish is so fresh.

Wow nice pics guys! This place definitely has their A game on.

FWIW, don’t ever be fooled by “wild caught” tuna. That is the only kind, unless you are in Japan and it is bluefin clearly labeled (even then it is very rare and most raw tuna chefs frown upon farm raised bluefin.)

2 Likes