Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Is that what you’re having for dinner? Share it here if you like. And we love photos, too :slight_smile:

Welcome @JillGonzalez !

1 Like

I believe the poster has been deemed a bot/shill. I was at least going to give them the benefit of the doubt :woman_shrugging:t3:

OTOH, I was wondering why there was such an increase in posts about food-wrapping methods :joy:

5 Likes

It’s a shame in this case the wrapping meat for freezing topic was actually a good discussion (even if its source was questionable).

5 Likes

I was suspicious about the wrapping question, and surprised to see so many thoughtful responses and that’s why I asked the questions I did. I don’t see it now. Was the post removed?

Yes - I think when the “person” was removed, it deleted any thread that “person” might have started, such as the wrapping question.

1 Like

That’s too bad. Sometimes responses remain after a post is deleted. There were good suggestions, and I am curious about whether there was a reply to my question to the “OP”.

1 Like

Let the discussion continue (without the OP).

5 Likes

Thanks, @gaffk!

1 Like

It would be unusual (in the extreme) for a bot acct to ever respond in a meaningful way to you.

1 Like

Edited to say that a little differently;

I didn’t want to jump to any conclusions, but thought an answer, or lack of one, might shed some light on the situation.

2 Likes

Agree in most cases.

1 Like

I’m currently knocking around South East Asia.
I am British but interested primarily in Asian food, but all kinds of fusion foods too.
I am recently back from Borneo and sampling ethic Dayak cuisine.
I’m founding editor of The Blue Lotus Asian arts and cultures magazine, still running after 13 years. I write about Art, travel and food.strong text
[/quote]

6 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Martin.

1 Like

We have both members who travel and share their eats, and members who are based in Asia.

Feel free to start your own thread for a trip report / sharing eats while traveling, or contribute to existing threads on places you’re visiting.

I’ve linked the Asia board below, but you can also use the search feature (which more effective than most) to check for existing threads on your travel locations.

Welcome!

1 Like

Thank you.

Welcome!

Welcome aboard! The magazine looks very interesting

Many thanks. I’ve managed to keep it going for the last 13 years.

2 Likes

Welcome to HO Edward. There are plenty of discussions om cooking and gardening (there are even California gardeners here). Explore and enjoy the site!

2 Likes