Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Not yet! It’s not official until he receives his secret PNW decoder ring!

6 Likes

Hi!! I’m Rebecca and I’m a food lover and dining reporter that covers the North Jersey dining scene. I live in North Jerz now, but used to live in South Jersey, among the farm stands and seafood shops. I also love the diversity of North Jersey restaurants. There’s so much to try! Alsoooo I’m addicted to ice cream. Thought this would be a safe space to share that.

15 Likes

Welcome, Rebecca. The Jersey section on this site is highly active.

Happy browsing.

3 Likes

Hi Rebecca and welcome. I think you will find a wonderful non-judgmental community here with great people whose real passions are to share experiences about anything food related.

With respect to New Jersey, I live across the river in the NYC in an area called Astoria. I split my time between NY and Florida. Recently there was a “HO Down” in Red Bank at Jon Bon Jovi’s Soul Kitchen… for the first time ever, I got together with other HO people…Really a great gathering and worth the trip…
See you round the “Onion”

6 Likes

Once again Phreddy I really appreciate you taking the trip to join us for the Soul Kitchen event! It was great meeting you and look forward to seeing you sometime again.

5 Likes

Welcome, Rebecca!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to HO! I was thinking ChefBoiseArdee.

4 Likes

So lets rev it up.!!! Any ideas for the next HO Down???..Joon Joon’s , was on my daughters birthday…
I would love to do something all Jersey… coming across the river is great fun, better than Manhattan because of the parking (LOL)

2 Likes

Haha! Good one!

3 Likes

San Francisco Bay Area

Cheap eats
Da Nang, Vietnam - severe language barrier. We pointed at fresh seafood and they prepared it however they wanted to

I can’t crochet or knit

5 Likes

Something went wrong with the formatting but I know what you mean. I got off the train in Hue to eat Bun Bo Hue. Didn’t make it to Da Nang.

Welcome, Knightenno. We have a bunch of members who live in your area and many are also well-travelled.

1 Like

Welcome Knightenno! Like Presunto said, a bunch of us around SFBA talks food here:

https://www.hungryonion.org/c/regions/san-francisco-bay-area

1 Like

Hi Knightenno and welcome. I think you will find a wonderful non-judgmental community here with great people whose real passions are to share experiences about anything food related.

1 Like

Me either. Welcome!!

2 Likes

Welcome Knightenno! Hope you like the little community! Always happy to have a new voice here. I can in fact crochet - might be fun to crochet some cooked spaghetti into a cute little doily topped with a meatball for an amuse bouche - kidding. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Born and raised: Barcelona

Professional: Travel Agent in Mediterranean, Author, Photographer

Hobby: The nuances in Latin languages

Passions: Authentic traditional Mediterranean Cuisines, Food and wine pairing, Travel, Food and Wine Trade Fairs, Dining out, Cooking at home, Family, my twin sons and my 2 grandsons.

13 Likes

Welcome!

I was just telling someone this week about your beautiful city.

1 Like

Welcome, Barca!!

1 Like

Welcome Alexandria, hope you enjoy the stay here. May I ask how do you find us?

1 Like

Hello and Welcome to Hungry Onion Alexandria!!! A travel agent in the Mediterranean, that sounds like an awesome gig! I know often times travel agents are given trips to they can experience new resorts or ships etc. If you ever need a travel companion I just want to let you know I’m available!!!

3 Likes