Big Blueberries at Wegman's Manalapan

I typically am at Wegmans by 630 am, can’t stand going after 8.
Problem is when I go that early they don’t have a lot of the produce out

2 Likes

My Wegmans in Ocean have had them for a long time. They are really good and I buy them often.

2 Likes

Can we change the title is the thread to Mutant Blueberries? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

My mom grows blueberries that aren’t that big but are quite large and are 100% organic. No GMOs.

5 Likes

I spent my formative years in Toms River, before the mall. Adjacent to our property was an abandoned farm. Rows and rows of Jersey blueberries at my fingertips. Aaahhhh!

4 Likes

If your mom needs any assistance… :grin:

2 Likes

If you make the trek, she will absolutely let you pick your own! She rarely leaves the farm but is friendly (enough) to outsiders ha!

2 Likes

Hammonton blueberries are often that large!

5 Likes

Hello Rebecca. Welcome aboard! How did you find hungry onion? I think you will have a nice time here. There are lots of knowledgeable food folks here :slight_smile:

Welcome to Hungry Onion Rebecca. I’m a board moderator and I’m honored you chose one of my threads to chime in on! Hope to see more posts from you in the future.

Thank you! Happy to be here! Love me some fellow food lovers! :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you! Can’t wait to chat more with you all!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to Hungry Onion!!! Here is a link to the standard “Welcome” thread if you care to post a little more about yourself please feel free.

As my esteemed colleague @seal aptly pointed out: “I’m a board moderator” (Seal, how many times have I told you about showing off on the boards???) I too am a moderator for NJ. So if you have any questions and want them answered by a dull and average looking moderator please direct them to @seal. However if you have any questions and want them answered with some wit, humor and topped with a heaping serving of charm, well then direct them to me.

Welcome again!!!

6 Likes

i’m late to this thread but just wanted to mention, this seems to be an annual thing at wegman’s. there will be ONE day every year when they’ll put out this monstrous blueberries. i always hope to catch them when i’m there but alas, i was soaking up the sun and eating a plate of souvlaki and tzatziki in the greek islands. still sorry i missed them. maybe next year.

2 Likes

Wegmans in Ocean still has em as of this past weekend.

2 Likes

I’ve bought them a few times. Once I got one berry that was twice as big as the others and I sliced it into quarters just because I could :grin:

They have them at the Manalapan store still.

3 Likes

I’ll have to check if the Ocean location has them… but I did buy a pint of Top Crop (from Hammonton NJ) at Shop Rite this weekend and was surprised by how large many of them are–and for the first time all summer, they TASTE LIKE BLUEBERRIES. :blush:

1 Like

Ocean Wegmans has them too… $6.99

Oh looks like I found them too!!! (not a bad price if they deliver as advertised!! :wink::wink:)

7 Likes

I guess size does matter after all…

4 Likes