Let's Discuss Edible Cannabis........................

I really miss being affected like that - haven’t since my teens :slightly_frowning_face:

That all sound good. You’ve been through a lot! Maybe add some reading (Psychology Today articles, books - sometimes I find good books by looking up article authors) to your list of ideas.

Your list of quotes had me giggling. Luckily over here we partake together or I’d be feeling really paranoid about being judged for my shenanigans.

This is my first time trying it; I’m a square haha. It’s been pretty interesting. Apparently I’m a wanderer when I’m high. We’re going to try putting the tincture into some sort of baked good, so wish me luck haha.

2 Likes

I’ve been assigned to read a book called ‘The Body Keeps the Score’. By like 10 separate people, so I’m going to follow that advice. She sometimes partakes, but I’m lucky that she thinks I’m funny rather than a real pain in the ass haha. Last night’s winner was apparently “That’s how I dance…to no music…and poorly” (shimmies in bed).

2 Likes

I’ve been smoking pot since I was 14 and I’m 70 now.
I’ve never seen flashes of light ever. You sure these synthetics are healthy?
Psychedelics, sure. Flashes are what one hopes for :smiley:

3 Likes

But what if smoking is very different from eating? There are so many gastrointestinal receptors, perhaps with completely different on and off functions. I’m thinking of how some folks describe subjective symptoms of increased appetite, and some have signs of nausea and vomiting ( I am distinguishing signs from symptoms here).

And I’m thinking the very plants are so different than they were when we were 14. I have not followed it botanically for 50 years, but I know somebody has, and I think they could have always been considered psychedelics . The current seeds are growing plants not identified as synthetic, but maybe they are. Yikes!

For the record, I am not sure what would make a cannabinoid synthetic.

2 Likes

Video or it didn’t happen :rofl:

No, no - flashes of light are from the Fisher Wallace device. Not my edibles.

2 Likes

Just a note, which I’m sure you’re aware of but it’s worth a reminder – put your phone away before bedtime! Blue light is horrible for sleep. Don’t give in to the temptation to surf your phone in the middle of the night…ever. I keep a Kindle at my bedside for that reason (helps distract from insomnia but the minimal light doesn’t keep me awake). And this stays food related because I often menu plan or strategize a recipe to help with falling asleep. It’s just boring enough. My friend swears by a podcast called “nothing much happens.”

1 Like

Same here @ChristinaM. Right now I sometimes rely on Oak (which succeeds via utter boredom).

1 Like

Lots of good info here. Maybe one of these days I’ll take the plunge with edibles. Thanks!

https://cen.acs.org/biological-chemistry/natural-products/Delta-8-THC-craze-concerns/99/i31

Here’s an interesting overview

1 Like

Eating icannabis in cookies or food . Not talking gummies. Will last forever. You will hate it . Don’t do it . Take a bong load . Go back in this thread and read my reply. On the lake a great day of fishing ruined. It’s not cbd .

3 Likes

Like most things you put in your body, you have to be careful about sourcing.

1 Like

Agreed. No problem here in Oregon :relieved:

1 Like

Ohhhh nobody needs to see that.

I’m generally off of my phone most of the day, but that’s stellar advice. I need white noise to sleep, so literally yesterday my wife ordered me a little clock that has a bunch of noise options. Recipe planning is genius. My appetite has been zilch since I got COVID, so I’m totally off my meal planning/eating things other than triscuits or 3 bites of random takeout routine. We’ve been playing “open the fridge and ask each other ‘what the hell is in this foil?’. But we’re getting back to normal so I’ll absolutely use your advice tonight to try to figure out how to cobble together all the random stuff that’s accumulating.

I use the white noise app on my phone (and can often resist the temptation to check it while in bed), and it’s been a life changer. That thing is LOUD.

Absofuckinglutely. Thank god my wife is ok with it. I switch between regular white noise, and ‘rain on tent’, but sometimes that one wakes me up and makes me want camping food.
We had some of the THC tincture in a from scratch cinnamon roll last night. Not sure what recipe, but she just put 50 ml in each, and we split one. It was the best sleep I’ve gotten in a week.

3 Likes

I use the purple, which is not as bright in sound (if that makes any sense).