Lentils!!!

whoa-reaction

I guess I would have questions about how using alcohol might impact the texture/tenderness of the finished product?
1 Like

I worry that the lentils would be wasted. Haha

4 Likes

Ha ha. I also worry the cider would be wasted (not).

2 Likes

“Thomasina Miers’ recipe for Ethiopian lentil and spinach soup”.

I have this one bookmarked to try next soon.

2 Likes

But lentils cook pretty quickly anyway. What’s the point?

1 Like

To aid digestion, maybe?

I’ve never done it, but there seems to be a lot of info on the internet about it.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks, I hadn’t considered that.

I’m not quite sure how to best cross reference a post from another thread?

In any case, WFD tonight was a recipe for Ethiopian Lentil Soup From the Guardian. Very good.

1 Like

Ordered Burning Fingers tonight, decided to look up some recipes!

My takeout

4 Likes

Roasted celeriac over lentils.

4 Likes

@ipsedixit When I look at food plated like that, I think the inverse of Chris Farley’s “Fat Guy in a Little Coat” (ie, “Scant Food in a Giant Plate.”).

1 Like

Made a favorite salmon and lentils recipe a few days ago and coincidentally came across this article in the Post. Lentils have a positive climate impact! https://wapo.st/3ZmMsjK

2 Likes

I haven’t made these yet, but I like the sambusas I have been buying!

1 Like

Those look interesting - appreciate the link.

1 Like

Somewhere along the line I obtained some black lentils, labelled as caviar lentils. Do they need special preparation methods? Do they lend themselves to any special recipes? Thanks.

1 Like

I have a ridiculously large pot of ‘clear out the fridge’ plus ‘prevent the need to do this again’ soup. Cabbage, collards, brussels sprouts, onion, celery, carrot, red potato, herbs from our front yard, some canned tomatoes, san-j tamari, Korean soup soy sauce, red boat fish sauce, limas, fava, garbanzos, black and cannellini beans, barley, black barley, buckwheat, and… yes, lentils of many colors.

3 Likes