Late night snacks....

What a good idea - I have oodles of shiso growing on my deck…

1 Like

That is one of three places in the house they currently live (we have 3 floors in the condo). There is also a bottle in the kitchen and downstairs in the home theater area!

We had a pot with shiso growing on our deck last year. This year it came back but the shiso was flavorless.

2 Likes

Yea, even the non-spicy dinners do me in. The GERD Rx I take in the am doesn’t see me through the evening anymore. Mostly it is tomato products that don’t like me. Gotta watch the consumption of antacids though, they like to form stones. Sometimes I think I should just go breatharian and cheat by drinking plain filtered water. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Are there actually non fruit flavored ones?

IMG_0763
The OG late night snacker…

9 Likes

Yeah, I have a pretty good understanding of my triggers, but every now and then I really just want to eat something that I know will come back to haunt me (fatty things, generally :sob:). Knowing is half the battle though!

3 Likes

Good choices for locations! We can never be too prepared!!

1 Like

Yes. I believe the flavor is “chalk.”

7 Likes

Meehan wonders to herself … what are “party days?” …and sadly sighs.

2 Likes

Well, there you go. The mysterious ipse reveals a small bit of themself.

3 Likes

Sadly not me since school days. I am at my desk at work most days by 7:00am. During winter months I am getting up long before the sun comes up which means late nights will destroy me for the morning. And I’m not even close to being an early arriver. Those folks are in by 6:00am. So no late night noshing for me. But that trout roe looks good though cucumbers is way too healthy. I’m thinking Fritos would be better or maybe Cool Ranch Doritos.

4 Likes

For me, I’ll probably grab a piece of bread and some milk if I get the “midnight munchies”.
Sunshine will have a piece of cake, as evidenced on two chocolate cakes I made and frosted right before bed.

6 Likes

Think of midnight as a mere metaphor for eating outside of or after dinner time (not counting dessert).

It’s rare that I eat anything that late anymore - the pandemic completely turned around my sleep hours & I’m just slowly moving back to being able to stay up past 10:30 or 11pm, but I also don’t get up with the chickens :wink:

Also, do you not have weekends? The occasional night out with friends, a few too many drinks, and a hankering for something salty upon your return home?

And keep a bottle of mylanta or similar just a few steps away for a quick swig of ‘fire in the throat’ supression! Speaking from experience.

I was an avid midnight snacker, especially on weekends, because late night movie and snacks was how I would unwind from the with week.

I just decided to start an IF regiment and started to restrict my eating times. Food now ends at 8:30pm, and so no more snacking on my chips, popcorn, fruit, ice cream sigh.

All a part of trying to be more mindful and healthful with my eating habits as I get older.

3 Likes

I have to second Scott here… My beer snacks tend toward lots more fats. Somethin Somethin BACON.

LoL.

2 Likes

Mac & cheese.

I just had some of my cobbled together crab stick corn artichoke Asiago pasta casserole. 11:05 pm.

2 Likes

I turned out a batch of Brazilian Cheese Bread about an hour ago because someone (or somefew) had the nibblies. Half of it is already gone.

6 Likes

Some Portuguese grocery stores and a few bakeries sell frozen pao de queijo, ready to pop in the oven.

Admire you for making your own!