Late night snacks....

All of us do it - midnight munchies, beer snacks… sumtin salty to have with yo drank.

Here’s tonight’s late night concoction: cuke rounds with sour cream & trout caviar :blush:

15 Likes

Way too healthy! My favorite cornbread is made as small muffins… cut them in half and top with honey butter, chili/cheese/sour cream, a blueberry compote, or chopped bacon with caramelized onions.

Another fav is butter toasted sourdough toast points (or fresh scallops) topped with creamed spinach (because I can’t get fresh oysters) (c;

Also toasted pita chips with a variety of fresh hummus topped with slices of pickled peppers or really great olives.

5 Likes

TJs has Columbus dry salami sticks at a good price. I tend to have a few thick slices of that with crackers and a couple bites of cheese–this week it’s Fontina. Not bad with a glass of Pinot Grigio.

7 Likes

I love cucumber sliced and topped with ume shiso paste. Or white cabbage sliced and dipped in ponzu. And this time of year, tomatoes.

5 Likes

cheese and baguette rounds are often involved. when tomatoes are in season, a stack of manchego and tomato slices might be prepared.

4 Likes

Toasted buttered English muffin with Jif peanut butter & grape jelly. A cold glass of milk. Although my “late nights” seem to be getting earlier as I get older.:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Cheese melted on crackers or corn chips. Or microwaved cheese curds

3 Likes

this is my preferred weapon of choice

only thing stopping me from using it is they close too early

11 Likes

Isn’t going out for a late night snack different from raiding the refrigerator?
Both tremendous but they require various battle plans depending on the objective.
Late night runs have an air of mystery and madness.
At least ours always did, when I’d meet my friends after they finished playing.

2 Likes

Define “refrigerator”

(That’s actually one of my stores … :slight_smile: )

8 Likes

I really miss the late night “snack” that my Mom used to make me the summer we moved into our new house when I was 13. We were all night owls - even me - and I’d stay up to watch Steve Allen do his late show. My mom would make me a ham sandwich - toasted white bread, Mayo and not too much ham, and a candied pickle strip. I could go for one now. My preferred late night snack in college was a slice off of a small salami, and some cheese, and mustard, on a Ritz cracker, with a slice of whatever pickle was around (the refrigerator — in winter —was a waterproof book bag that hung out the window). These days, I just go for a handful of nuts - with some sherry.

6 Likes

We can’t late night snack anymore and really can’t eat the evening meal after 6pm. Ice cream or ice cream soup was a frequent late night snack for us :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

Tonight’s late snack was half a toasted sesame Montreal bagel with whipped cream cheese,and half with butter & grapefruit marmalade.

1 Like

Eat dinner at 3 p.m. and have your late night snack of ice cream soup at 6 pm.
tenor-76816686

#Solution

8 Likes

Solidarity! Late night snacks end up with me awake at 3am and looking for the Tums.

2 Likes

Keep the Tums on your nightstand. I do. :eyes:

3 Likes

Make that part of your late night snack

They go great as a topping on ice cream. Even cheesecake

1 Like

My LNSs are almost always leftovers from that night’s dinner. Even better if I don’t dirty any more dishes or utensils…

3 Likes

Especially the fruit flavored ones.

1 Like

Back in my… party days, fruit flavored tums were an essential part of my evening/early morning routine. Can’t say I miss either.

2 Likes