January 2023 COTM - Nominations

ah yes I forgot about that.

FROM THE OVEN TO THE TABLE Diane Henry

MEXICAN EVERYDAY & MORE MEXICAN EVERYDAY is a complete sentence

I’d be excited about this for Feb (won’t be cooking along in Jan)

I’m going to throw out a last-minute nomination for MILK STREET VEGETABLES.

Also here’s your reminder that nominations close tomorrow. I’m going to extend them until 5pm, because I’ll be working a holiday event during the day, so there’s a little extra time for you to get in a nomination.

I haven’t seen that book yet, but tend to have good experiences with Milk Street. I’ll keep it in mind for next month.

It came out in November 2021, so should be in libraries. I got an email that it was on sale and ordered a copy. Looks pretty appealing.

1 Like

MEXICAN EVERYDAY & MORE MEXICAN EVERYDAY - I haven’t been cooking a lot, but I think I could enjoy cooking some of the easy recipes from both books.

I just was able to download MILK STREET VEGETABLES as an ebook from my library so that’s my nomination.

1 Like

MILK STREET VEGETABLES

I’ve enjoyed a few of the Milk Street books. Not Cookish though—every recipe I tried was just okay.

Funnily enough, I love Cookish.

1 Like

I browsed through the book, did not excite. Recipes seem heavy on carrots!?!

Heavy on carrots is not a selling point for me, I have to say.

MEXICAN EVERYDAY & MORE MEXICAN EVERYDAY I definitely would like to try some more recipes from them.

If you can get it from the library, look it over … you might like it more than I did.

1 Like

MEXICAN EVERYDAY & MORE MEXICAN EVERYDAY
MILK STREET VEGETABLES
More Mexican Everyday (sic) is a great book, and revisiting it might encourage me to make new dishes instead of the old favorites.

Nominations are closed and your voting post is here:

1 Like

Our reporting thread for January is here:

February nominations are up and running.

Time for February voting.