Il Nido, Marlboro, NJ

Nice Amarone…my favorite type of red. Glad everyone enjoyed!

3 Likes

OMG. This was absolutely one of the top three best meals I’ve had since moving to Monmouth County (the other two would be Heirloom Kitchen and Grand Tavern) in terms of food, food quality, service, and certainly value! I was very VERY pleasantly surprised. And of course the company of my fellow HOs (and their spouses) was terrific as always!
If you’ve been thinking you need to try this place, you’re right. :grin:

5 Likes

Wow! That all looks incredible. Sorry I wasn’t there to share but apparently my invitation got lost in the mail. :grin:

Mr. Bean was kind enough to bring the excellent Amarone.

2 Likes

Sorry @seal. This was done on very short notice, since this time of year I can’t plan too far in advance. We lucked out with the weather this weekend, but it could also very well snow this time of the year, and I don’t want to drive one hour in the snow :slightly_smiling_face:

We were out WAY past your bedtime!

4 Likes

For some reason I just remembered that I started the thread about this place! How/why it took me almost a year to get there is beyond me. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Nice dessert menu too. The pear tart looks great.

1 Like

I do wish I was there…but stuck down here in Florida until Tuesday then back to NYC…
Keep me posted…

1 Like

I really do need to chime in a bit more about this meal… I truly don’t have a sweet tooth. I’m the person who will A bite of dessert and be satisfied (and/or I’d rather drink dessert…), so when the dessert menus were given to us, I was stunned as I read through the list. Of 5 choices, I wanted the first 4 (I’m ducking, but I just don’t care about chocolate anything). I chose the pear and cranberry crostada WITH GINGER GELATO because that right there is MY palate. My sistah from another mutha @MsBean ordered the goat/ricotta cheesecake, which was also calling me, so I got to try two of the four. :slight_smile: :grin: Next time I’ve got to save room for the olive oil cake. Oh, and BONUS–something I truly appreciate–as my dad says, they don’t serve you a ‘dry’ cup of coffee. My cappuccino came with a plate of very tasty house-made biscotti! So yeah, I’m even raving about the desserts.

6 Likes

The chocolate hazelnut torte was no slouch either :yum:

2 Likes

Truly one of the best meals I’ve had in a while. It took quite sometime to order as there were so many items I wanted to try. Fortunately @paryzer, Mrs P, @CurlzNJ and even Mr Bean are excellent dinner companions and we all shared our selections. With each bite I thought for sure that would be my favorite, until I took a bite of something else. After reflection I would may I most enjoyed the Duck Confit Salad, the Osso Bucco and the Winter Squash Caponata that accompanied by swordfish.

I look forward to going back.

3 Likes

Il Nido is possibly the best strip mall restaurant since Tarragon Tree…which makes me think that perhaps a Strip Mall All-Stars thread would be interesting, and of course, very Jersey-centric.

3 Likes

Oh, and Viaggio. #stripmallallstar.

1 Like

Cafe Panache in a Ramsey strip mall is no slouch either. It’s hard to believe it was once an Arthur Treacher’s fast food fish place before (over 35 years ago).

1 Like

#themealyoucannotmakeathome

3 Likes

Exactly.

We had another outstanding dinner at Il Nido with some friends. I couldn’t get the names of everything since we were with some friends. We enjoyed a tortellini type of pasta stuffed with cheese with hazelnuts, in a brown butter and sage sauce; rici bisi; duck confit salad; octopus; duck entree; whole branzino; poularde; olive oil cake; espresso gelato; chocolate hazelnut torte; some outstanding wines.

8 Likes

We had sensational takeout from Il Nido. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

5 Likes

Wow. Definitely exceptional … and lovely photographs.

All our best during this difficult time …

1 Like