Il Nido, Marlboro, NJ

I wonder if this pop up hints at the more casual place @paryzer mentions in his post above.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. He mentioned that the new casual place would be serving pizza and burgers, among other things. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Nashville hot chicken sandwiches were on the menu as well (if they get positive responses from this pop up.)

3 Likes

Great Minds…

1 Like

Had dinner there last night. They were packed! It’s a story in itself how they have expanded when most restaurants are shrinking.

We tried lots of different apps and all were very good. My favorite still is the lobster and crab. They really know how to “not muck up” the food. A few flavors highlight the main ingredients and do not overpower it.

I had the veal chop with Roman Gnocchi for a main. The chop was perfectly medium rare as ordered and was accented with a mushroom sauce made with some fresh, exotic mushrooms. The gnocchi were more like square polenta cakes.

Desserts were good except for the pistachio cake that just missed the mark on all counts.

6 Likes

Great minds think alike! I had the same meal with dessert just the other day.

6 Likes

We enjoyed another fabulous dinner at Il Nido. Details and pictures are in the main WFD link below.

5 Likes

Amazing looking meal. I would have guessed that a tomato based sauce on the lobster. Sounds like they are putting out some top notch innovations there

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Met. It was delicious. The pasta was in some sort of fresh loose tomato based sauce with pesto and scampi butter as well.

1 Like

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Il Nido. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

2 Likes

We enjoyed another fabulous dinner at Il Nido. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

3 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Il Nido. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

4 Likes

Looks remarkably outstanding …

Wow ! How nice !!!

1 Like

We enjoyed another fabulous dinner at Il Nido. Detail and pictures are in the mainWFD thread below.

2 Likes

Beautiful meal as always. Love that fluke preparation, such a delicate fish, better to not do too much with it. Quite jealous of you guys for getting to enjoy that dish

2 Likes

Partyzer,

Solla or Platija (Plaice or European Flounder) would be the closest varieties to Fluke in Danish Waters. An Eastern Atlantic species. Pleuronectes or Platichthys in Latin.

It is a lovely fish, and very delicate … A flat shaped fish.

Can also be caught wild in Southern Ireland (plaice).

Surely exquistely splendid !!![quote=“Metsfan86, post:201, topic:16628, full:true”]
Beautiful meal as always. Love that fluke preparation, such a delicate fish, better to not do too much with it. Quite jealous of you guys for getting to enjoy that dish
[/quote]

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Met. Yes, we love a simple preparation of capers, lemon, and brown butter. It enhances, and does not overpower the fish.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve enjoyed it in Ireland as well. Confession is that it was usually as fish and chips though. At the time I had no idea is was similar to fluke, was just looking to change it up from cod all the time

1 Like

When real life meets hungry onion. My fav nfl podcast host just posted on Twitter about his love of this spot. Just found it cool. To make it more topical, does Anyone have any update on the outdoor space they were looking to put in?

3 Likes

Going this weekend, will see what’s what.

2 Likes

We enjoyed another fabulous dinner at Il Nido. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

4 Likes