I just ordered six dozen oysters!

Further to how to use up the last ones, Michael Farnesi, chefe/owner of Dilia restaurant in Paris, offers a recipe for an oyster pasta that is super.

Essentially, you Osterize the oysters, Boil linguini, saute shallots with herbs of your choice. Add a splash of white wine. Reduce slightly, then add hot drained pasta and liquified oysters. Toss together quickly -> A kind of oyster carbonara.

I would think that if necessary to preserve them while fresh that you could freeze the liquid oysters.

6 Likes

When I’m made king I’m going to make it illegal to put innocent oysters in a blender.

5 Likes

Thanks all! I finished them yesterday. Ate them all raw, and really improved my shucking skills in the process.

6 Likes

When you’re king, just hope your chef prepares something this delicious for you. Or, better yet, don’t wait and try it for yourself. I’m betting you’ll be a convert.

1 Like

Nice!! Happy birthday!

1 Like

Thank you!

They decided the way to boost a lagging oyster market is to double the price by naming them. Wonder how it’s working out. I know wwe buy fewer oysters and we are huge fans. Nice guys, but thanks for nothing.

2 Likes

Pssht…6 dozen oysters…no problem. :sweat_smile:

Hope you got to enjoy every single one of these. If you can’t possibly devour all 6 dozens fresh within 1-2 days, I would say either grilled or fried would be delicious. I was in Miyajima island in Japan in November a few years ago, and it was their oyster season, so oysters were on all the menus. The inn I stayed at had oysters cracked open on the half shell, and grilled on top of a little table-top binchotan grill. They were wonderful, and required very little prep.

1 Like

There’s a Hog Island mignonette called Hogwash.

https://hogislandoysters.com/oysters/recipes/hog-island-hogwash

I realize that the oysters under discussion are long gone, but next time…

4 Likes

Soon and very soon!

1 Like

Your address?

1 Like

Maybe after the first dozen!

Ok, I’ll start packing.

1 Like

East Coast vs West Coast Oysters: It All Comes Down to Merroir…but not political!

Oyster 101 Guide

Guide to Oysters

1 Like

Quality Seafood Five best eating oysters

Oyster Rater

Parking these thoughts here but I’d prefer the onion’s!

“…the finer points for your next festive occasion (or an oyster-fueled night alone, if that’s how you want to relax…”

Tonight, tonight.

I surely practiced my shallot brunois knife skills and my shucking.

9 Likes

Good job

1 Like

You know!

1 Like

bru·noise