Green Tabasco & Berries

I love the green TABASCO® BRAND JALAPEÑO SAUCE … it’s milder.

It’s also expensive. Any alternatives?

I love smoothies with berries but fresh berries are expensive … where’s the place to buy the least expensive frozen berries?

1 Like

Trader Joe’s? Or Whole Foods 360?

image Where do y’all reside?

4 Likes

Or Costco or Aldi’s?

2 Likes

That is MUCH hotter than Tabasco

3 Likes

Costco sells Mixed Frozen Berries

But cheaper!
:smiley:

1 Like

ok! Thank you!

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place and I think you will have a great time.

For tobasco, I really love their green sauce. I don’t think you are going to get a better mild green for your money but I’m standing by for other people suggestions. I’m referring to jalapeno sauce. Bbqboy goes pedal to the metal with the habanero advice ;:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I love that too but I believe you want something milder.

This sauce is fantastic! If you’re a prime member its about 4.00 a bottle which I think is very fair for a quality bottle

I highly recommend this
https://www.amazon.com/Gringo-Bandito-Sauce-Green-Ounce/dp/B00CXZKD16/ref=asc_df_B00CXZKD16/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241979188765&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8431785336390583297&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1022009&hvtargid=pla-571947272337&psc=1

2 Likes

Why did I think I was going to read about Randy’s wowzer dish that combined green Tabasco and his or my favorite berries?

8 Likes

Me too! I thought it was going to be a fruit salsa or similar.

1 Like

Woah… wait a sec…

https://www.elyucateco.com/sauces
RED SAUCE HABANERO PEPPER - 5790 (Scoville)
GREEN SAUCE HABANERO PEPPER - 9000 (Scoville) ! This is hot!!! What you said was like Green TOBASCO.
KUTBILIK EXXXTRA HOT HABANERO - 11000 (Scoville)
CARIBBEAN HABANERO SAUCE - 5400
BLACK LABEL HABANERO SAUCE - 9000
JALAPEÑO SAUCE - 1270
CHIPOTLE SAUCE - 3400

TOBASCO - “green pepper (jalapeño) sauce is even milder at 600–1,200 Scovilles”
OMG… why did you make me buy that 9000 sauce? … sheesh … return…

The Best Hot Sauces for People Who Can’t Handle Heat

To try…
Gringo Bandito Green - high reviews on REDDIT.
Cholula Green Pepper
Tabasco Garlic
Valentina Mexican Hot Sauce

Already love …
Frank’s Red Hot Original
Green TOBASCO - Review says: “Am I the only one who grew up stealing these little bottles of Tabasco sauce from Chiptole?” (no, I have too.)

3 Likes

“Why did I think I was going to read about Randy’s wowzer dish that combined green Tabasco and his or my favorite berries?”

… cause I did that on purpose to get more responses…!

Just bought TABASCO Pepper Sauce - 64 Oz. - 1/2 Gallon (Jalapeno). $28.65 ($0.45 / Fl Oz) + $8.76 shipping

This was really really good … cauliflower rice, onion, carrots (ran out on this second batch)… TABASCO Green, Black Garlic (McCormick - really quite good … I am hoarding it as it went from $3 to $6 in the last nine months) … and Asiago Peppercorn Seasoned Pork Loin Filet (walmart)

But if you have this … https://www.amazon.com/Lawrys-Roasted-Garlic-Salt-7-12/dp/B008KN044Q … I will pay you $50 for one unopened jar … and I’ve found nothing close.

roasted

1 Like

HALF A GALLON??? how many people are you cooking for? You do know that hot sauce like any sauce made with real vegetables eventually goes bad, even with the vinegar?

Sorry. I didn’t realize green Tabasco was quite that wimpy.
:smiley:

1 Like

Penzey’s Spices carry some nice roasted garlic. I see the one pictured has basil and oregano in it. You could add small amounts of each and see if it comes close to the Lawry’s you’re looking for. It sounds like it may have been a test market item and is now discontinued. If you have a Grocery Outlet or similar in your area, you might try to find some there.

As for berries, Costco. I’ve never seen any that cheap with excellent quality.

Should I freezer it?
I bought it because the little bottles are $4 each for 5 ounces and I go through one a week so the half gallon should be good for 3 months which it should certainly last for.

(Penzey’s roasted garlic barely has any taste. I just tossed 3/4 of the $20 bag. The McCormick black garlic is excellent.)