Gazpacho

Gaspacho without cucumber

2 Likes

Oh my, they are beautiful, and Iā€™m sure you can come up with something tasty. Very impressively large tomatoes, and good looking peppers. Still awaiting our garden produce, but weā€™ve got blueberries and raspberries at least. šŸ«

1 Like

I canā€™t believe how perfect that is! I have both yogurt I need to use, and a suitable cheese. I may skip the cheese.

1 Like

I love cucumbers, but this recipe looks really good, and intriguing. Have saved to Paprika 3. Thanks for posting.

This yearā€™s take on Tichiā€™s gazpacho:

7 Likes

It seemed a little thick, heavy, and not tomatoey enough, although by the next day it worked.

Probably my fault for using Greek yogurt, maybe my tomatoes werenā€™t ripe enough, and I added an avocado ( :pensive:.)

I might be trying @ChristinaM 's Tichiā€™s recipe next, Maybe minus the bread.

1 Like

Last year I made a yellow-tomato-and-peach gazpacho that I really enjoyed. It was a gorgeous sunny colorā€¦ gotta find that recipe again.

3 Likes

When you do, please share!

found it!

2 Likes

Yayy!
One year I grew almost all yellow and orange tomatoes.

3 Likes

gorgeous. do you recall the varieties?

Thatā€™s similar to the salmorejo I make.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I made gazpacho for the first time just a couple of days ago. I used Thomas Kellerā€™s recipe for Sungold Tomato gazpacho from his ā€œAd Hoc at Homeā€ cookbook. Using cherry tomatoes allowed me to avoid the step of having to core your tomatoes, which for a preternaturally lazy person like myself felt like a win. Second, although I followed the recipe closely, again the lazy thing compelled me to skip the sieving step. After throwing all the ingredients in the blender, and adding the requisite amount of olive oil, I was extremely pleased with the result. Lastly, Iā€™ll add that using Persian cucumbers makes a large difference in the overall flavor of the soup (assuming your pro-cuke).

4 Likes

The bread is only in the croutons, FWIW

1 Like

Perfect!

This is VERY timely - I not only have this book, but I also am about to be in possession of 8687676576576876 exquisite black cherry tomatoes. The colorā€¦ wonā€™t be pretty, but Iā€™m willing to bet itā€™ll be delicious.

4 Likes

Wow! What else might you do with them?

Mostly the two of us eat them raw, a handful at a time.

2 Likes

Evoo confit! So goodā€¦

1 Like