Favorite Summer Salads

I got a bottle for $.99 at our local grocery outlet. But otherwise, I agree.

3 Likes

I’d have to get another fridge if I kept all those condiments in it - and I have 2 already! I do keep mustard and some hot sauces in the the refrigerator.

2 Likes

WOW! What a great price. I wish there was a grocery outlet near me. The closest one to me is 45-60 minutes away.

2 Likes

My math may be off, but given my recipe, my calcs are the finished salad has less than 5% sugar by volume. That doesn’t seem anywhere near crazy for a sweetly dressed salad.

My current situation. :sob::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Totally reasonable! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::wink:

1 Like
3 Likes

Jersey tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, pinch of oregano, feta, red wine vinegar, good olive oil, pinch of salt & pepper.

3 Likes

I will try this soon

2 Likes

That sounds perfect!. I’m making this one. The dressing is sort of fiddly, ( basically nuoc nam I think?), but so good!
This picture is from NYT
29APPE_web-articleLarge

Gifted recipe link

4 Likes

My attempt. :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

• really cold Melon ball mixture
• bell pepper slaw
• yellow beet, apple, coconut and pecan salad
• the roomate’s potato salad
• my macaroni salad

My summer rotation, there are more…

2 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

Here’s tonight’s salad. A basic coleslaw from garden veg with a creamy carrot-ginger dressing:

Carrots
Scallion whites
Golden raisins
Ginger root
Cider vinegar
Mayo
Dijon mustard
Salt
Pepper

Blitz in a powerul blender and strain.

5 Likes

Today for lunch I made the NYT Cucumber salad with soy, ginger and garlic, which has a lot of dressing and plated it over mixed greens, with cherry tomatoes and a couple of garlic poached shrimp. No picture because I am in my office at work : )

2 Likes

I made this for dinner tonight. Eliminated the red bell pepper and added carrot and snow peas. 'Twas delicious.

6 Likes

Is that the spicy Thai pork tenderloin recipe? Looks wonderful!

Yes it is and it was.

Halloumi ,Peaches, Cherries, Avocado & Arugula

https://www.thekitchn.com/halloumi-salad-peaches-cherries-arugula-recipe-23159031

3 Likes