Fall 2022 (Oct-Dec) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

The year has flown and the autumn quarter is fast approaching - time for a new Cuisine of the Quarter! Please nominate whatever tickles your fall fancy in ALL CAPS below. I’ll close this thread on Friday, 9/23, so we have a full week for voting before October starts. Thanks HOs!

1 Like

Here’s the link to the Master list of previous COTQs for reference: Master list/links of past Cuisine of the Quarter

I’ll nominate a couple of regional Indian cuisines to align with one of the ideas under consideration for Cookbook of The Month which is Maunika Gowardhan’s recipes and books.

BENGALI – Spanning West Bengal in India and Bangladesh

Lots of vegetables and fish on the Indian (predominantly Hindu) side, more meat and slightly different preparations on the (predominantly Muslim) Bangladeshi side. Lots of overlap. All delicious.

MALABAR COASTAL – The southern part of the western coast, spanning Karnataka and Kerala.

Lots of seafood but also a wide variety of vegetables and meat prepared very differently than what one usually encounters in restaurants which tend to skew North Indian.

3 Likes

Continuing the regional Indian theme with MAHARASHTRIAN.

I also want to nominate ETHIOPIAN, as it will go great with the fall/winter veg that will be in my CSA box in the upcoming months.

And a few more possibilities:
WEST AFRICAN
PERSIAN
MOROCCAN
PERUVIAN

MOROCCAN

SARDINIAN

Thanks.

1 Like

PERUVIAN sounds good

1 Like

ETHIOPIAN as well

Why not
CENTRAL EUROPEAN (Austrian, Czech, German, Hungarian, Polish, Slovenian (…) cuisines)

ASHKENAZI cuisine

NORTHERN ITALIAN

I’d be excited about MAHARASHTRIAN

Thanks all for your ideas! Voting is now open: Fall 2022 (Oct-Dec) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING