Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

Drew reopened this week for takeout. I made the well worthwhile 90 minute round trip for an outstanding BBQ rubbed 16 ounce prime pork chop with the most amazing pulled pork mac n cheese with very spicy ancho chili BBQ sauce; Southwestern caesar salad; very flavorful curry cauliflower bisque; cherry chocolate chip bread pudding and double chocolate brownie. Mrs. P had her usually awesome Nashville hot chicken (not pictured). It all went great with an outstanding Malbec. This is still the most amazing bargain at 3 courses for $35. It was an extra $5 for the pork chop which was more than worth it.

9 Likes

We got Drew’s tonight, too. Took me over 800 redials.

1 Like

Only 800 :grinning:
I’m very fortunate to have one of our favorite servers cell numbers to take our order (after trying for over 2 1/2 hours the 1st time through the regular number). I tipped her accordingly.

4 Likes

The person who answered said they thought a lot of people were using *66 redial. But when they answered the phone no one was there so they had to hang up and take the next call. Said it was happening a lot.

I was just hitting the redial button every few seconds to no avail.
They need to invest in a more advanced phone system that puts you on hold and in a queue until someone is ready to take your call.

What did you end up ordering? They were out of the beet salad by the time I called, so I ended up with the Southwestern salad again, which wasn’t bad. The pork chop was nice and juicy and was well worth the $5 additional charge. I missed out on the soft shell crab and hope he gets more next weekend.

We got 2 voodoos, a Nashville hot and a bolognese. Three of our favorites. Everything was really good. I considered the pork chop and was thinking I should have ordered that when I saw your picture.

We got the beet salad which was good but I would have liked more cheese on it. Also it was really salad with some small pieces of beet. (I imagined more beets and goat cheese with a few greens.) We got the SW salad too. I think I like the soup choices better than the salads. (for the takeout menu)

1 Like

The voodoo shrimp is always really good, and my wife won’t order anything else but the Nashville hot chicken. The only exception is when he has soft shell crabs. His bolognese and pasta dishes are always really good as well and the portions are enough to feed an army. The curry cauliflower bisque was excellent.

3 Likes

I should have gotten the bisque!

1 Like

Nice reports guys. I wonder if drew will expand when this situation finally cools down.

My guess is that if the commercial real estate market is anything like the stock market and sports car market, there are some amazing deals out there. Dont get me started in boats. I haven’t even looked yet. They are probably paying people to take a boat off the lot right now.

I might actually try a Drew’s inspired salad soon. I want to make a version of his cesar salad but use this ghost pepper cheese sauce I have. It is pretty hot! Mrs P would approve :100: :slight_smile:

and yes, there will be bacon.

2 Likes

See facebook post: Here’s our Mother’s Day Menu! We will only be taking orders via telephone, but since it is a special day, we are asking you to call us at 732-739-9219. Please leave your name, and contact number only! Please do not leave any orders on the voicemail!!! We will return all calls, starting Tuesday afternoon, in the order received.

2 Likes

I happened upon Drew’s FB post shortly after it was posted last night and left my message for Mother’s Day. Here’s hoping I get that lucky call today!!

3 Likes

800 makes my measly 78 (now over 90) attempts seem lame!

1 Like

Collect the family’s cell phones and use them all to keep dialing. Increase your chances of success!

3 Likes

hire these people in china spoofing call numbers to leave us messages all day…turn a negative into a positive.

2 Likes

We finally got our order placed, we were using 3 different phones. I would say we were at about 400 total calls, I quit around 100 but the wife and daughter made even more attempts before finally connecting.

3 Likes

I think if you wait a couple hours it might get easier but I like to get my preferred pickup time and they do run out of stuff. I started when they posted the menu and I was determined to get through that day so I just kept redialing. A previous Saturday I gave up after 200+ tries.

2 Likes

Lmao…I started watching their Facebook page at 10:50am they posted their menu around 11:35 and I would say we got thru at about 1:00. Ordering from Drew’s is a full family interactive experience!!

5 Likes

It’s the corona virus equivalent of dinner and a show.

5 Likes

I’ve got two cell phones in Houston and am willing to help. Just give me your credit card number and I promise not to order loads of crawfish.

3 Likes

We really hit the jackpot at Drew’s today with both the Cajun seafood stuffed eggplant boat AND sautéed soft shell crabs! We also had the asparagus bisque (not pictured) and spinach and berry salad. For dessert we had the double chocolate brownie and blueberry cheesecake. It all went great with an awesome 2013 R&B Malbec. It was well worth the 90 minute round trip.

8 Likes