What's For Dinner #57: The Keep On Keepin' On Edition - May 2020

Speaking of knives, I better stay away from the knife drawer today, and NOT for reasons of cutting myself while cooking. Not mentioning names, but someone is getting on my nerves today, and it’s not the cat…:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

9 Likes

I’m surprised I don’t have more cuts, honestly. I like to think I have good technique, but getting to the end of an onion put my hand in an inconvenient spot, and bam, what a scare!

Couple dinners this week; beef and cheese stacked enchiladas with pinto beans, chips & guacamole earlier. A couple Margaritas. For Cinco de Mayo. Eggplant spaghetti sauce, with sides - meatless Wednesday I guess. Last night was our anniversary but we didn’t feel like having the planned on filet with king crab, so leftovers with popcorn afterwards. Probably tonight for the good stuff. Sposed to get 84 here today! Sometimes that doesn’t happen til
July. Looking forward to deck time later, with bubbly :sunglasses::palm_tree::sunglasses:

20 Likes

Didn’t know what I wanted for dinner, but figured it out after I took a fat chickie boobie out of the freezer.

Sliced it in half lengthwise, then into a large ziploc with flour and lots of salt and pepper. Pan-sauteed in butter and olive oil for about 3.5 min for each side, and removed.

Added 1 cup of homemade chicken stock to the pan, stirred to pull up the fond, then added about 2 Tbsp of defrosted caramelized onions and 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.

Reduced it for a bit, adding in some freshly minced rosemary before returning the chicken cutlets to the pan, spooning the sauce over, and simmering on low, covered, until done.

Tagliatelle and steamed broccoli alongside. And wine for the cook.

Also made some banana-walnut bread that I’ll have with Talenti Madagascar Vanilla Bean gelato and maybe a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

25 Likes

We got takeout! For the second time in 42866432278 (approx) days of me cooking. We ordered from one of my favorite places here in NJ, semolina. Shrimp with gazpacho for appetizer and two pastas for dinner. One with a dandoline green and crab and the other with a pulled pork and kale. So delicious! We are celebrating tonight as it was announced that I got a promotion at work this week. I’m very proud of myself and can’t wait to eat a meal outside of my home!

24 Likes

Congratulations on your promotion :champagne: We also had sensational takeout at Drew’s Bayshore Bistro. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

4 Likes

Thanks Eli! I can’t wait to read about your dinner next! I’m very proud of myself but absolutely feel sad too. This is such a terrible period for so many people and I feel conflicted.

2 Likes

“There was wine.” :joy::joy::joy:

Yes, I really miss dining out and seeing my favorite chefs and servers. I am trying my best to support them with takeout in the meantime. Hopefully most of my favorite restaurants will be able to return after this is all over, although I don’t know how some of the smaller restaurants will make it if they are forced to only be able to be 50% full.

3 Likes

My, you know how to celebrate!

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

I’d like all of that, please. Those crepes look amazing.

1 Like

It looks great, and well deserved - you mentioned being tired of your own cooking a few posts ago. Let me too add my congratulations on your promotion, quite certain it was hard earned - please enjoy, and celebrate in these days of not great news! :clinking_glasses::champagne::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Would love to know your method/recipe!

BF was working late tonight so mom and I had a chance to have dinner and catch up. We had a very not photogenic but delicious meal of crab cakes, mashed potatoes, and stuffed mini peppers.

And we snacked on some cheese and soppressatta…with martinis. She’s a wine drinker 90% of the time, but when she does have a cocktail, it is usually a Rob Roy. However, tonight she declared, “I want a martini!”

20 Likes

That banana bread looks perfect!

1 Like

:champagne::tada: Congrats! Well deserved. Meal looks excellent.

1 Like

Asparagus with gribiche sauce

Polish sausage, choucroute, caramelized apple

15 Likes

Ha! Everyone here was probably sick of my cooking too!

3 Likes

The picture never tells a lie.

1 Like