Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

We had another outstanding dinner at Drew’s. He had a lot of excellent Mardi Gras specials. It was hard to decide what to get. We shared several appetizers including bison tartar, some awesome spicy garlic crawfish that Drew was kind enough to make for us, muffuletta salad, and Bibb salad. I had the fork tender melt in your mouth Creole short ribs, while Mrs. P had her usual Nashville hot chicken. It all went great with a 2012 Red Zinfandel. We took home some SCCPT for dessert.

7 Likes

Drew’s is doing takeout. Daily menu listed on facebook.

1 Like

Hoping all is well with you, and your loved ones. Here is today’s take out menu for Wednesday 3/18.
Here’s how we are going to make it available in order to keep interaction to a minimum:
Call the bistro to place your order, and pay via credit card.
Let us know what time you would like to pick up.
Pull into the parking lot, and your order will be brought out to your car.
We will start taking orders right away, and will take them until 5:00PM. We may have to limit the number of people that can at the same time, as it leads to a bit of parking lot confusion - Thank you for being patient with us!
Today food pick up will start at 3:30PM. Due to the curfew, we will have a last pick up at 7:30PM.
The menu is limited, but we may be able to make available some items that aren’t listed, although the pricing would be ala carte. just inquire when you call! 732-739-9219. Thank you for considering us! Here’s today’s menu!

Drew’s Bayshore Bistro
Takeout Menu 3/18
3 Courses $30 Plus Tax

1st Course Choice Of:

Sweet Potato Bisque
Dried Cranberries, Spiced Pecans G

Asparagus Bisque
Chive Oil

House Salad
Field Greens, Tomato, Cucumber, Carrot, Radish, Red Onion
Balsamic Vinaigrette G

Southwestern Caesar Salad
Chopped Romaine, Pico de Gallo , Tortilla Crisps
Queso Blanco, Red Chile Caesar Dressing G

Entree Choice Of:

St. Paddy’s Day Pork Chop Rueben
Corned Beef Brined 14oz. Prime Pork Chop
Sauerkraut, Melted Swiss & Mozzarella
Smashed Potatoes, Mixed Vegetables
Russian Dressing G

Voodoo Shrimp
Gulf Shrimp, Spicy Worcestershire Cream, Jalapeño Cornbread

Nashville Hot Chicken
Natural Boneless Darkmeat, Bistro Fries
Braised Greens, Black Pepper Ranch, Hot Oil

Jumbo Lump Crabcakes
Smashed Potatoes, Mixed Vegetables
Chipotle Tartar Sauce

Cavatelli Bolognese
Beef, Pork, Veal, Tomato, Cream
Fresh Cavatelli, Black Pepper Parmesan

City Jambalaya
Chicken, Andouille Sausage, Tasso Ham, Trinity Vegetables
Creole Tomato Sauce G

The 2 following entrees are very limited, only three or four of each available
Once ordered we will delete from list! Thank you for your understanding!

Crawfish Ettouffee
Crawfish Tails, Trinity Vegetables, Dark Roux, Rice

Stout Braised Lamb Shank
Mashed Potatoes, Irish Creamed Cabbage
Guinness Stout Braising Jus
Dessert Choice Of:

Apple Blondie
Chocolate Bread Pudding
Beignets

G = Gluten Free G* = Can be prepared Gluten Free

7 Likes

Thanks for posting this, Jeff. I’m not on FB (never have been) and no virus is going to force me to get on there! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: So now I’m reading the menu and drooling…

4 Likes

I’m not on facebook either, but most restaurant pages are accessible even if you’re not a member

4 Likes

I’m from the Boston board, but I had to comment…sounds like Drew’s is still going on all cylinders (I know it only from @paryzer’s wonderful reports). Hopefully, they are keeping their kitchen staff employed and busy. And what a bargain, $30 for 3 courses!

4 Likes

We got the takeout. Ordered 3 x 3course meals and it was enough for 5 plus some left over. Everything was excellent. Tremendous value. Remember to tip your food server; they are out of a job right now.

6 Likes

We had some outstanding takeout from Drew’s that was well worth the 1 1/2 hour round trip, especially for 3 courses for $33. The only problem was that it took 2 1/2 hours to get through. It was non stop busy signals, and when we finally got through they were out of 2 of our 3 choices. However, the consolation prizes were very good. We enjoyed the Southwestern caesar salad, the awesome French quarter pork chop cordon bleu with a panko breaded center cut pork chop, andouille sausage, melted Swiss and mozzarella, smashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, and a whole grain mustard sauce. Mrs. P had her usual Nashville hot chicken, and we had double chocolate brownie for dessert. We enjoyed it al fresco on the deck. They were out of the shrimp bisque and peanut butter blondie by the time we got through.

10 Likes

Great review but I’m sorry the cat looks very unimpressed.

1 Like

Extra likes for the cat!!!

2 Likes

Thanks! That is his happy face :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m thinking the cat must have been the one who wanted the shrimp bisque they were out of.

3 Likes

Hi Eli - I hope you and Mrs P are doing as well as can be expected.

As always your pictures look great as does Drew’s food. How did the chicken fare? I am thinking of making an order one of these days and was worried about that the chicken would not remain crisp.

2 Likes

Hi @MsBean. We are doing well. We just miss dining out, but are doing our best to support the local restaurants. I make sure to leave a $20 tip wherever we do takeout. I hope that you and Mr. Bean are hanging in there. The chicken held out pretty well. We had them put the sauces on the side. Mrs. P heated it up in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes when I got home and it remained crispy. You might not have to heat it as long since we are 45 minutes away and you are much closer. She ate one thigh last night and will have the other one during the week. The pork chop really heated up well. It was hot and juicy. I guess the cheese on top kept it juicy and not dry.

2 Likes

Thanks, Eli. We are doing the same. Your endorsement is just the pushI need to order one of these days.

2 Likes

Good luck getting through to Drew’s. The line is constantly busy. They usually put up their daily menu on their Facebook page between 11 and noon. You might have better luck during the week. They are closed Sunday and Monday and open the rest of the week.

I follow them an FB and sounds like they have the process down to a science and make adjustments as needed. Good for them.

1 Like

We got the chicken for takeout last week and it was still crispy after a 30 minute drive home. Also got the voodoo shrimp and bolognese. All was packaged nicely and excellent.

Saturday is horrible if you are trying to place an order. Tried on two Saturdays and it was impossible. Got through during the week after only 52 tries.

3 Likes

Drew’s is taking a two week break. Posted on their FB page:

Hello, we hope this post finds you, and your family feeling as well as we all do. With that being said, we are concerned. According to most sources, the height on this current pandemic will be over the course of the next two weeks in our area. With this in mind we have decided to take a little break, for precautionary reasons here at Drew’s. We would like to thank everyone for the unbelievable support that we have received over the past three weeks, and we look forward to the opportunity to cook for you again in two weeks.

We plan to reopen on Tuesday April 21st, for takeout. We will post all menus, and ordering information on the 21st. May your families be safe, and healthy, and we hope to see you all on the 21st!

(If you have any questions for us, please send them to us in a personal message, to help avoid any confusion on this post!!!)

3 Likes

Rest up big guy! If you’re reading this, stay safe. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like