Doughs and desserts that are not baked

High quality vanilla ice cream - several scoops in footed glass dessert dishes. Sprinkled with instant coffee granules, drizzled with Kahlua and garnished with a chocolate Pirouette cookie.*

High quality vanilla ice cream - several scoops in footed glass dessert dishes. Topped with crumbled amaretti cookies, drizzled with Amaretto liqueur, garnished with a vanilla Pirouette cookie.*

*Pepperidge Farms

2 Likes

There is this 3 Fave Desserts thread What Are Your 3 Favorite Desserts?

This thread is about No Bake Treats and Desserts. :slightly_smiling_face:

There is some overlap, but I couldn’t find a No Bake thread on HO.

this one

2 Likes

Missed that one. Okay, sure. @naf , could we combine the 2 no bake threads?

1 Like

Rinse and de-stem 16-24 oz seedless grapes, putting them into a freezer bag. Sprinkle with the contents of a regular size (4-serving) pouch of flavored gelatin, whatever flavor you want. Seal, shake thoroughly, and keep in the freezer. When you remove a portion to a bowl, let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before consuming. They are very refreshing, and a good way to introduce little kids to “cooking”.

2 Likes

Pudding

Ice cream

S’Mores

Fresh fruit

Done.

1 Like

I used to love this at Damian’s in Houston. Top an orange, remove the fruit and let it sit a while in white wine. Put it back in the skin. Top it with orange rind shavings taken from the top that you macerated in coarse sugar.

2 Likes

Thanks

What is sex in the pan? I’ve heard of better than sex cake, but it’s baked.

That reminds me of something I winged a few years ago. Peel a blood orange, slice into thin rounds, overlapping them in a circle, on a dessert plate. Top with a small scoop of either honey nut cream cheese or plain mascarpone, drizzle with pomegranate molasses/glaze, or with honey. The pomegranate is prettier.

1 Like

Sex in a Pan is a refrigerated layered dessert with 2 layers of pudding and a crumb or cookie base.

Similar to

Thank you - I’ve even had it! But it was boringly named chocolate 7 layer dessert or something like that. :rofl: It is good! If I make it I’ll refer to it by the new name - much better. Thanks for linking the recipes, that last one has an interesting twist.

1 Like

One of my pals makes up sex in a pan, like your recipes essentially, it’s the salty nut stuff on the bottom which makes it best…he’s Canadian too for whatever that’s worth…there’s a better iteration IMHO that has the same salty pecan base, cream cheese cake kind of middle and blueberries with some kind of blueberry sauce on top…

Note: if you’re in LA or NYC you can buy it at the Magnolia Bakery and it’s called Blueberry Jamboree

5 Likes

Have you tried Pittsburgh Strawberry Pretzel Salad? Pretty addictive.

https://www.thekitchn.com/strawberry-pretzel-salad-recipe-23036093

4 Likes

I haven’t and I wouldn’t say no. I like salty and sweet together and have a preference for fruit desserts.

Tops being this, which is also not baked…

(yes there are bananas under there too)

3 Likes

Quick and easy steamed stove top custard…for two small servings, one egg, 2/3c milk, sweetener to taste, vanilla bean. Steam in a
covered container until temperature reaches about 170*, chill uncovered.

5 Likes

Today I made pizza pockets and they were even tastier than I thought they’d be. Quick pizza dough, puréed tomatoes drained of excess liquid over a sieve and seasoned with salt, some oregano, and garlic powder plus some olive oil and sugar. Filled with soppressata, leftover queso de hoja, and black olives for some. Cooked on a griddle. So good! I think I’ll freeze some for later.

8 Likes

Wow, look great!

1 Like

Thanks @Nannybakes

And the other no-bake project for today: mango cream donuts. I made some mango and passion fruit jam some weeks ago, so I put some of that in these along with whipped cream flavored with vanilla bean and some sliced sliced mango.

11 Likes