Do You Send Food Gifts For The Holidays?

Has anyone sent commercially made Greek-style baklava or kourabiedes to anyone in the States, from an American Greek Bakery?

Thinking about trying this place in Ohio, to send to a relative in Colorado.

I received a really lovely basket from Wine Country Gift Baskets. Lots of high quality treats. I enjoyed a Hammond’s lemon cake from the basket last night.
https://www.winecountrygiftbaskets.com

7 Likes

For the neighbors. Collaborative decorating effort…we’re pretty crap. But they taste great (ATK recipe).

12 Likes

And the neighbor pups:

I baked on low, then dehydrated for maximum crunch.

8 Likes

Wow - just reread the recipe and - with the right margarine, those could be vegan! What a treat to know about!!!

1 Like

Don’t be so tough on yourself. I think they look great!

4 Likes

Ooh - dog treat recipe please!

Is the ATK recipe for chewy or crisp cookies? They look adorable!

1 Like

Those are all adorable! I love the contrast.

1 Like

This was the thick, chewy variety. Very yum.

https://heybrittney.com/2018/11/08/peanut-butter-sweet-potato-dog-treats/

I used less flour and didn’t peel the apple. I would pre-blend the oats, empty the canister, then do the apples. It was hard to get it all to combine. I added a little veg oil to get it to come together better - my PB was a bit dry.

2 Likes

My flour was whole wheat

Not true!

There are three categories of cookie decorating: High Art, Cute, and True Ugly. These ones are very solidly Cute.

2 Likes

I love your style! I also had to laugh at your dad box. My dad would not touch that box with a 10’ pole. Although he is my mom’s problem to feed now, and has been for a long time, his “last dinner” (and as many dinners as he could have it before then) would be a sourdough baguette and a bottle of coke.

5 Likes

We bought Burlap & Barrel spices as gifts for everyone except the wee ones. We got so hooked into the BB spice line this year, we had to share. Easy to ship and safe to share.

7 Likes

I sent my mom H&H bagels, lox and cream cheese through Goldbelly.

6 Likes

Great gift. Yum.

1 Like

I gifted some friends Christmas Cream from a local distillery, Kraken and pecan rum balls rolled in toasted coconut, and party mix made with Crispix, mixed nuts, Cheerios. Also added Venchi chocolates for some friends .

11 Likes

That looks very interesting.

1 Like

Apologies, I just saw your reply @Happybaker. Yes, the Lemon Meltaways can definitely be done as vegan cookies! :lemon::two_hearts:

1 Like

@Lambchop, trying my first baklava tomorrow!

2 Likes