Do You Send Food Gifts For The Holidays?

How exciting @rooster, and good luck to you! It’s really pretty easy, but IME, it’s most important to keep the phyllo dough just barely damp. We use a dish towel that we’ve wetted a bit, and then wring any excess moisture out. Let us all know how it turns out, and I know you’ll provide pics.

3 Likes

No, usually my friends just exploit me. This is usually something like:
oh let’s have a house party! John, can you help (do it yourself) with the cooking?

1 Like

Lovely cookie recipe … I would like to give this to my mom but we would substitute lemon zest instead of the lime zest, and fresh squeezed lemon juice verses lime juice.

Nice to serve with a home made Sangría …

1 Like

Amen, tomato!

1 Like

They’re so good @Barca and I make them with lemon. :lemon::two_hearts:

1 Like

I am sure ! I am fan of lemon …

My dear adores Lemon Bizcocho …

Thank you for the recipe – I shall give these a shot over the holidays … (Holy Week) …

1 Like

No I don’t. However during the warm months I grill and smoke every weekend for recreation and those fares are donated to neighbors, friends, and some needy families I’ve gotten to know.

How do I get on your Christmas Card list?

2 Likes

Lol @Respectfully_Declined! Just message me with your address in November, then delete this post…haha, I will send you some!

We sent out absolutely zero this past year due to Covid, along with the pandemic weight gain. We will gear up for this season’s gifting in our improvised Greek pastry kitchen.

4 Likes

Woot woot! It’s on my calendar!

I tried making it once. I was exhausted and the kitchen looked absolutely post apocalyptic.

4 Likes

I was on a food gift jag this week. Yesterday I dropped off a housewarming gift for my pregnant friend with gestational diabetes: de-alcoholized bubbly wine, local cured meats, marcona almonds, mixed marinated olives, freshly ground peanut butter, sugar-free dark chocolate with salted almonds, and a tall-boy beer for the dad-to-be. Plus a houseplant.

Today I made a gift basket for a newly engaged neighbor friend: Biltmore Estate blanc de pinot noir, local Roots crackers, triple creme brie, aged NZ cheddar, and syrah-soaked Toscano cheeses, salted pistachios, homemade jam, canned dolmas and gigantes beans, pistachio and chocolate-dipped toffee, peach-tea soy candle, a potted plant, and a slate and bamboo cheese board set. Forgot a pic.

11 Likes

@ChristinaM, that sounds and looks great. Can I be your friend?

I’m starting on some pepper jellies for later gifting. First up features apricots and aji amarillo.

5 Likes

Very lovely …

2 Likes

Well if you adopt me, and I board with Christina, then you’ll have to be friends, right? What’s the trivial matter of a country in the way in the face of such a great solution?

2 Likes

You are a fabulous friend!!

4 Likes

Nice - you’re a good friend and neighbor!

2 Likes

That combination sounds wonderful @shrinkrap!

1 Like

We shall see! It looks pretty!

2 Likes

You are an angel. Wait! Did I read dealcoholized? :scream::face_with_hand_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yes, because friend is pregnant! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thank you. Food is my love language - has been ever since I tried to make a metal pot-ful of oatmeal in the microwave at age 3. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes