Do the eggs have eyes?

As I gave this topic more thought I realized I forgot to mention my all time favorite eggs; Creme Eggs by Cadbury!!!

7 Likes

I cannot ā€œlikeā€ that, but thatā€™s the way husband likes his. I like mine ā€œoverceasyā€. Runny yolk but the white must be cooked.

2 Likes

Precisely how I like my eggs.
Iā€™m a big egg sandwich fan, over easy eggs on toast or English muffin with bacon, jam and plenty of hot sauce.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to want to have a few footnotes on all things egg.

2 Likes

My Mum used to have one of those pans for poached eggs.

1 Like

In my childhood, fried eggs over hard, with frizzled brown edges. Iā€™ve come a long way since baby. Now itā€™s sunny side up, set white, runny yolk. Or scrambled until barely set. And I love soft-boiled eggs. Fun fact: the hobby of collecting egg cups is called pocillovy.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s intriguing!

And yes @Auspicious, I know you use a pot. Grin.

2 Likes

And my husband agrees with you - he loves a runny egg with set whites. Heā€™ll eat over hard eggs too, but wonā€™t touch hard boiled. Weird how specific and unique each personā€™s preferences are when it comes to the humble chicken egg!

4 Likes

Indeed. My companionā€™s general preference is that it be on someone elseā€™s plate. But then, she also doesnt like mashed potato, so what do you expect?

1 Like

So if I use a shot glass as an egg cup (I have) and I happen to collect shot glasses (I donā€™t), would that make me a pocillovist?

No. That would make you someone who is using inappropriate tools for the job in hand. :grinning:

2 Likes

Really? The center of gravity is lower. That makes it more stable. It could well be a better tool.

cooked in a cup / shallow depression thingie - is that not ā€œcoddled?ā€
vs
cooked directly in water = ā€œpoached?ā€

2 Likes

I love, love, love runny yolks, so over easy is my restaurant request. (A local breakfast place does fried green tomato Benedictā€¦absolutely luscious with runny yolks)

My chef pal laughed at my poaching eggs in the microwaveā€¦till he saw my perfectly round poached eggs with no ā€œfringeā€ and a lovely runny yolk.

2 Likes

Youā€™d get that using the clingfilm method. Line a ramekin or small cup with clingfilm and a goodly amount of overhang. Break egg into it. Twist clingfilm. Remove and poach. Remove clingfilm.

Seen it done on TV. Never tried it

Yes :raised_hands:

This is close to what I do.

As usual, I just use a pot.

1 Like

Hard yolks are right up there with well-done steak.

Egg yolks are natureā€™s nectar.

Donā€™t mess with perfection.

4 Likes

This is perfection.

The white is simply the plate upon which nature serves its nectar.

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 2.30.22 PM

5 Likes

Although not for those of us who cannot abide crispy eggs.

5 Likes