Cookbooks on your holiday wish list 2018

@Ttrockwood

Another question on the Noma Fermentation book, does the book include a lot of recipes that need special machines that home cooks don’t process? TIA

Not from the ones i have read, just the usual fermentation supplies (big jar, cheesecloth, etc) and he gives directions for using a vacuum sealed bag for the fermented fruits recipes (which I don’t have so i followed directions using a jar). Very home kitchen friendly book

2 Likes

Thanks! I have just placed my order, it will be there when we go back home!

Quite a surprise that this Noma book isn’t published under Phiadon.

1 Like

I also bought myself a copy of the Noma fermentation book this year. Haven’t had a chance to read through it yet as I’ve not been at home, but looking forward to it this weekend. I’ve made a couple of batches of kimchi this year, and my partner kombucha, and it looked like a good home resource to learn more.

1 Like

I’m visiting family in CA, but started with fermented carrots following his template recipe for fermented fruits/veg and adding in a good bit of black peppercorns I roughly smashed and a clove of garlic and stuck in the bottom of the jars too. Very easy! Unfortunately won’t be ready to eat until after i am gone, but they’re with my sister and she has some experience fermenting and will know when they are “done”.

3 Likes

I haven’t eaten at Kricket in London, but recently saw a few recipes here and here from the book Kricket: An Indian-inspired cookbook and is a bit tempted. Wondering if I should get a real Indian cookbook or this UK fusion Indian cookbook.