Chowhound refugees?

Thank you for taking the time to check in your confirmation is appreciated.

Perhaps it was @gutreactions? He was starting a lot of threads.

Where’s Melanie. ?

1 Like

She’s still posting on Twitter and IG. I think she had talked about joining another post a Chowhound board, that had Chowhound in the web address.

Anyone know what happened to VFish ?

I think that VFish joined the Chowhound board. @VFish is also here.

1 Like

Yes! Thanks… :slight_smile: Always appreciated his contributions.

Of course there are others as well, eg masha (hi! :slight_smile: ) - and I’ll send VFish an email.

1 Like

I’m glad my CH name was available here! I was by no means a heavy-duty poster there, but I was pretty active for a while in the late 2000s-early 2010s. When I came back to CH earlier this year, it was just about the time that the decision to close was made.
I’m glad I found many familiar “faces” here.

3 Likes

Thank you. It was @gutreactions I meant, as mentioned below.

2 Likes

Yes, That is the poster I was referring to. Thank you.

2 Likes

I did Chowhound. And back in the day, I loved the old CI boards, which I don’t know why they shut down. I know that you can post on specific items, but it’s not free-wheeling.

I like your posts!

2 Likes

@ palomalou

I loved the old CI boards. It was my first foray into online posting about cooking. While I had also read CH for years, I didn’t register there until CI finally closed the boards in favor of Facebook.

I miss jfood, wish he’d post here. Toronto Jo, too!

1 Like

He’s an old fart. Classy old fart, though.

Rather late to the party here - for a variety of reasons just discovered sad demise of CH.

Happy to find some familiar names here though! Looking forward to seeing what’s what…

6 Likes

Welcome, bagnut!

I gotta tell ya, though, it’s going to be hard not to mentally reverse the syllables in your screen name.

:wink:

4 Likes

Welcome to our new home. Help yourself to anything in the fridge.

2 Likes

danlind3 is here, and happy to see so many of the frequent CH contributors on HO.

2 Likes

I don’t remember my CH handle. I landed there a long time ago when we travelled a lot to Europe because of my husband’s work and lived there for several years. I was devastated when it left the web but was so happy to find this place.

3 Likes