Chowhound refugees?

I hope you get help with the dish washing!

5 Likes

I couldn’t find what you were referring to except for Proverb 264 and I doubt that’s the one that you meant.

1 Like

Hi all you old chowhounders! Is it just me or has this board gotten invigorated?

6 Likes

Nice to see you here welcome back !
I wasn’t on CH long and came in on the tail end.
Are you originally a CHer?

Welcome. Yes, it’s been invigorated.

Ray

1 Like

Welcome. Yes, it’s reinvigorated. It’s a 'WAY better platform, so I hope it continues to grow and be profitable for Sampson.

I encourage everyone to contribute to the regional boards.

7 Likes

Some people hate my presence on the board, others quite like my posts, I’ll continue to post new threads here as long as I sense they create activity and good feedback.

I’ll also post a bit on the cooking/recipe section as I now own so much cookware, that I need to test up against each other - and this equals making more food and following even more recipes.

6 Likes

You know who I miss from chowhound? I forgot his username, but he always posted threads about restaurants in New York, Maine, lobster, restaurant etiquette and so on. Quite a frequent poster on chowhound. Anybody remember him, and how to contact him?

Charlie?

Are you referring to justcharlie?
He is here @JustCharlie.

No, not charlie. His user name started with a n? Not in the cookware forum but usually in restaurants and always with a focus on the east of the USA.

Others from CH would know better as I wasn’t lurking on those threads. Perhaps @TheGforceNY would know?

Have you tried the @n feature and see which user names come up?
Do any of those ring a bell?
Just a thought and it might be worth a shot.
The person that you are seeking might very well already be here?

Meekah. I have too much stuff in my kitchen.

1 Like

Don’t we all?

1 Like

greygarious? He often posted about restaurants in areas without any followers and would keep the thread up for years, being the only poster on them. It was kinda cute - talking to himself over and over. Nice poster though. Always polite.

1 Like

@greygarious is here and a woman named Erica perhaps she is the one?

No, not them, thanks though… I think he lives in Westchester County. He was one of the first to post about restaurants reopening after covid lockdowns, and also about prices rising last year. And he often traveled around New England, including Kennebunkport.

Not me, though I do sometimes talk to myself. I live in the Boston burbs, don’t travel much at all, and have never been to Kennebunkport…

1 Like

Someone has to know who that is, there are many people from CH here from that area.
Also many here from HO frequented CH posts.