Chowhound refugees?

Maybe some of us want to make a new start from scratch.

I was Chseifert on Chowhound.
Not that forward a username.
Now I’m Claus. My first name.

3 Likes

@Claus Amen .

1 Like

Midlife…wabi has been my nom de guerre since I first “joined” the internet. Now I think more people know my as wabi than by my real name.

2 Likes

And just like that…it’s gone.
I posted in the cookware section this morning, and now, to quote Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner… it’s “just tears in the rain”.

3 Likes

I get it. I’m really no longer in “midlife” but still use the name several places. It’s just that many CHers were people I became familiar with as very credible sources over the years. Name changes mean that thread is lost for now.

2 Likes

More like Tugg Speedman in Tropic Thunder: “But this head movie makes my eyes rain!”

2 Likes

@wabi:

it’s “just tears in the rain”.

Both quotes have equal value with each adding their own perspective.

Thank you both for sharing.
I may borrow those from you at some point.
Well said!

1 Like

It means old man.

To make it fresh.

But…… but…… it’s like re-learning who to trust when you thought you knew. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

I learned things from my CH experience that I may be a little different now. So trust but verify!

5 Likes

Yes, Chowhound was a very good “teacher”.

1 Like

One can’t be the same online persona twice.
Heraclitus

1 Like

What name did you go by on Chowhound?

Same, yet here I could change my avatar

2 Likes

I suppose my concern may reflect some laziness, and that I thought heavier-duty CH posters would have wanted to maintain whatever ‘franchise’ they’d developed. Many have. OTOH, it may be fun trying to figure out if I recognize any with new names.

3 Likes

Tim Irvine

3 Likes

Aloha to you. I’m a CH refugee, nice to see some familiar faces, names, not names but familiars!

5 Likes

Because we can :slight_smile:
Well, I felt mine was more personal than I’d like and plus, I cook for eleven, so…

5 Likes

Great decision! You’ve earned instant respect.

I only cook for 11 in group projects–hopefully, it starts happening again.

Ray

3 Likes